Troubleshoot your device issues
singhde1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 17th, 2016 4:15 PM

LG g3 invalid sim card

Since daybefore yesterday, my ATT branded Lg g3 is having sim card issues, It will lose connectivity freuqently and would say no sim card and upon reboot it says "invalid card". Went to ATT store and they gave me a new sim card, it worked for a little while and then back to the same problem. I must have reinserted the sim more  than fifty times, but to no avail. even when i got  it working, after a while, same message pops up "no sim card" and upon restarting "invalid card" I even put a piece of paper above the sim card to make it a bit tighter in the sim card slot, but nothing seems to work. Reading on internet, it seems  a lot of people are having the same issue, but i havent been able to deduce if its a hardware problem or OS issue. My phone is 2 years old now, in pristine condition and am so sad now that it has become a brick and i am not in a mood to spend money on a new phone.

Any suggestions as to what can be done, or if anybody has been able to resolve this issue, would really apprerciate it.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I don't have any contacts set up like that, so i will try the safe mode. Thank you for your reply. It seems like AT&T doesn't give a hoot about this problem, regardless of the ridiculous amount of exclamation points they put in their messages. Clearly some bad manager's idea to seem cheery, yet it is so patronizing it makes me want to throw up. I'm going to start writing to LG and if i get any answers I'll share them here. Thanks again

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks. Good luck. I will let you know if the problem pops back up on my end.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

So, using safe mode didn't work. It went from connection to invalid card in safe mode. I turned off safe mode and uninstalled a couple of recent apps. Still invalid card error. I wonder if an at&t rep is ever going to answer any of these questions. One thing that may be part of the problem is that in the last two months or so the phone is overheating often. Could that affect the sim card? More research ahead.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My LG G3 has been doing this since August. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The funny thing is I just paid this off this month and felt like they are probaly trying to break your phone purposely so you can get a new phone and start all over. So, if you are close to paying your phone off or has successfully paid this off. I'm thinking they probably try to connect to your phone and break it purposely. Just a conspiracy. Or mess up your sim card or phone remotely. Anything is possible

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

look at the comment of an AT&T representative and i quote

"If you are still having issues with the SIM card not being read on the phone, you do have the option of looking into a possible upgrade. To learn more, click on Upgrade your phonethrough the AT&T website."

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Really researched this, there is no fix if the phone is out of it's one year warranty. It's definitely a communication failure between the SIM tray and the network antenna. New card gives same error. But I have the at&t insurance, so it's a $100 deductible and they're sending me a new phone. Comparable since the LG G3 is not manufactured anymore -- a Samsung s6 Active.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I know it is a conspiracy theory but Mhalou may be on to something, ever since I've had my first smartphone, the first iPhone, between years 2 and 4 of ownership a variety of problems start creeping up with all smartphones I've owned. Now my LG G3, my first Android phone, is having the invalid card and the corrupted/ejection SD card issues. I always found suspicious that problems appear around the average device upgrade timeframe, 2 yrs. Same thing with family members' phones.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

This happen to me and I got a replacement phone and I am sorry to say after about a year it is happening with the replacement phone too! I bought a new battery thinking maybe it was a heat issue with the battery as the phone did seem hotter than normal on the back side. That didn't seem to fix things so I spent some time looking at the SIM cage once again. Well as luck would have it, I took my case apart on the G3 and noticed there was a slight white buildup (specs of white) on the back of the sim card cage. (Kind of the consistency I am thinking on car battery connectors, which I am wondering if it is actually something along those lines) I scraped that out and blew on it as well. I also tried to bend up the pins at the from of the sim cage with a pin. Be careful!!!! Seems to be working fine (this has happened to me before though so time will tell) but the big difference is it is stone cold where I could see over time it would heat up and the issue would return. I am not sure if this is going to be a fix for this but it seems promising at this point. I definitely wanted to let folks know. Hope this helps someone!!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks. I will check it out.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.