LG Xenon- The Voice Setting

Contributor

LG Xenon- The Voice Setting

I feel dumb- When i got my new Xenon i was really excited so i was playing with all the settings and whatnot and i came upon on where whenever you recieve a call or a text message the phone will say "Call from "blank"" or "Message from "blank"" and now i have decided i would like a normal ringtone for a while but i can't figure out how to turn it off. Does anyone know?
Message 1 of 5 (2,506 Views)
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tannerjbl2792
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: LG Xenon- The Voice Setting

Follow these steps to turn on/off the verbal name feature:

from home screen press menu key (far right icon, looks like 4 dots)

On the menu press the folder icon on the left to get to My Stuff

Press the Tools icon

Select Voice Command

Press the menu icon in the top right of the screen

Select Call Alert

Choose the setting you want to use.

Message 2 of 5 (2,501 Views)
Contributor

Thank you so much!!!
Message 3 of 5 (2,499 Views)
Mentor

Your welcome! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5 (2,494 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I liked it for a while, but it has just gotten annoying. I wish I could just follow your advice and have it turn off. However when I go into the call alert settings to change the setting from "name repeat" to "ring only" the "ring only" is already selected. When I try to select a different setting and get out of the screen, it still says the name when someone calls. Furthermore, when I go back into that menu, "ring only" is selected again, not what I had changed it to. This is starting to really drive me nuts... help!

Message 5 of 5 (1,290 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.