Troubleshoot your device issues
Ashleyyxoh's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 11:59 PM

Closed

LG Shine - Messaging Help Please :]

In my text message inbox on my LG Shine there are different symbols for some of my messages. For example, I know that the "M" next to the envolope means multimedia or what ever, but I confused as to why some of my read meassages are shown as an open envolope and then a little rectangle with lines.
It is only on some of the messages. The messages are usually random and there is nothing special about them. They also dissapear from some messages. Does anyone know what this symbol stands for?

Message Edited by Ashleyyxoh on 10-14-2008 05:21:34 PM

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

Ashleyyxoh wrote:
That's what I thought before I looked at the messages, but actually most of the messages were really short and just like "Hey" or "What's Up"

It's not a sim card icon is it? I read on here that if your boxes are full, the messages will get saved to your sim card. The Shine can only hold 150 messages in it's memory. After that it starts saving them to your sim, which can hold 30. So if you have 180 sent/received, you have to delete some. The Shine also supposedly warns you when you are running out of text messaging space.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

15 years ago

I'd say {Word filter evasion} , but that's rude and goes against what these forums are for.

AFAIK, that means that you have read the message.

HTH

Message Edited by mod.moose on 10-18-2008 07:08:50 PM

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

Um no bud; that's not what I'm talking about.
kthnksbye.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

Ashleyyxoh wrote:
In my text message inbox on my LG Shine there are different symbols for some of my messages. For example, I know that the "M" next to the envolope means multimedia or what ever, but I confused as to why some of my read meassages are shown as an open envolope and then a little rectangle with lines.
It is only on some of the messages. The messages are usually random and there is nothing special about them. They also dissapear from some messages. Does anyone know what this symbol stands for?

Message Edited by Ashleyyxoh on 10-14-2008 05:21:34 PM

Just checked some messages I still had in my inbox, and that's what it means...that you read the message.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

Um no, that's not what it means. It's different from the "read message symbol"....Its the "read message" symbol with something else, too.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

Ashleyyxoh wrote:
Um no, that's not what it means. It's different from the "read message symbol"....Its the "read message" symbol with something else, too.

Well then I have NO CLUE what it is. It seems I find something new every day with my phone.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

lol, ikr.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

15 years ago

Read and replied to, maybe?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

Nope, I reply to all of my messages, & this only appears on some of them.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

15 years ago

Besides the open envelope and lined "page" what does the icon look like?

N/M the above. Just reread the original post. I think it may be the Multi-media icon.

Message Edited by ADSisson on 10-20-2008 04:39:01 PM
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.