LG Neon II New Text Notification

Contributor

LG Neon II New Text Notification

[ Edited ]

How do I set up my LG Neon II to say who just sent the text instead of just saying "1 new message"? 

This is the first phone that I had that doesn't tell me who the message is from until I actually open the message.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (1,744 Views)
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shells5
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: LG Neon II New Text Notification

Shells5 wrote:

How do I set up my LG Neon II to say who just sent the text instead of just saying "1 new message"? 

This is the first phone that I had that doesn't tell me who the message is from until I actually open the message.

Thank you!

There is no way to change it. It's just how the phone is set up. When I had my (original) Neon, it would display the same thing. There was no way to tell who the message was from, even if there were multiple messages from different people.

In my experience, Samsung phones are the ones that will tell you who the message is from. I guess LG has a different method of design, I guess...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (1,707 Views)
Contributor

That's a bummer.   I had an LG when I was with Verizon and I just assumed that all LG phones would announce who the text is from.  Guess I will just have to get used to it.

Thank you very much for your help! 

Message 3 of 4 (1,675 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Shells5 wrote:

That's a bummer.   I had an LG when I was with Verizon and I just assumed that all LG phones would announce who the text is from.  Guess I will just have to get used to it.

Thank you very much for your help! 

Yes, I had somehow managed to get used to it with my previous Neon... Smiley Wink Although it would definitely have been nice to see who the message(s) is [are] from, you can't really tell the phone manufacturers how to design their phones.

You're welcome, though. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (1,665 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.