Troubleshoot your device issues
RickWilley's profile

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

Monday, June 8th, 2009 10:45 PM

Closed

Issues with Live Search after ROM upgrade with my Fuze

Have any of you good folks who use Microsoft Live Search notice network errors when pressing the categories tab in Live search?  I have downloaded a fresh copy and installed and tried this with 3G, Edge, and WIFI alwaysgetting the same error "Sorry we couldn't update the category list.  Please check your network connection."  So far this is the only "glitch" I have really noticed since the ROM upgade.

Thanks in Advance for any help!!!

Rick

Accepted Solution

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

15 years ago

I had some different problems with Live Search that were cured by removing the programs using the "Remove Programs" and then removing all trace of the program on my storage card.  (Assuming you installed live search to the storage card.)  I would have reformatted the storage card had I been at home.  After "Remove Programs" there were folders in the storage card root directory and in the Program Files storage card folder.  If you installed to the main memory look in similar directories on the main memory.  The Live Search folder in the root of my storage card could not be deleted while browsing using ActiveSync and I had to use Total Commander.  Once all that was done went to the Microsoft web site using the Fuze IE, downloaded the latest Live Search, now called Bing, reinstalled and all was well.

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

15 years ago

Might not have a thing to do with it, but are you set on COM4?

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

@RickWilley wrote:

Have any of you good folks who use Microsoft Live Search notice network errors when pressing the categories tab in Live search?  I have downloaded a fresh copy and installed and tried this with 3G, Edge, and WIFI alwaysgetting the same error "Sorry we couldn't update the category list.  Please check your network connection."  So far this is the only "glitch" I have really noticed since the ROM upgade.

Rick

Just downloaded live search and experiencing the same exact thing. I used to have it on the previous ROM and there was not a problem with it. So I guess you just found a bug. I find it very hard to believe though that HTC will release wny software update for this phone when the new TP2 on AT&T is just around the corner. I wish I still had the previous ROM installed. 😞

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

@RickWilley wrote:

Rick

By the way... this is true for the Collection List too. Not just the Category List

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

15 years ago

my live search is not working at all since i've updated the ROM.  It opened my screen went black and then it stopped responding. Hovever my google is working fine, at least for the moment. h,, wait my phone froze... restarting it now!

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

@HondaGyrl97 wrote:
my live search is not working at all since i've updated the ROM.  It opened my screen went black and then it stopped responding. Hovever my google is working fine, at least for the moment. h,, wait my phone froze... restarting it now!

I dont have a problem with Google maps either, but mind you, Google doesnt have that specific feature either

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

15 years ago

well it's working now...must have had a phone poot lol.

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

@HondaGyrl97 wrote:

well it's working now...must have had a phone poot lol.

Are you able to get your categories updated?

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

15 years ago

Yes Cats. are updated, collections working....it's fine!

BTW i have version 4.5.3129.0 if it matters

Message Edited by HondaGyrl97 on 06-08-2009 08:50:24 PM

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

15 years ago

@HondaGyrl97 wrote:

Yes Cats. are updated, collections working....it's fine!

BTW i have version 4.5.3129.0 if it matters

Message Edited by HondaGyrl97 on 06-08-2009 08:50:24 PM

Thanks for the responses!  I am using the same version as you just mentioned and still getting the same probs..  I even did a hard reset, reflashed this " UPGRADED" ROM, and I have also noticed that the data connection mysteriously turns off at times as well....

This is really frustrating big time especially since this was so long awaited........

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.