Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is this number really AT&T Alert: Spam Risk?

Contributor

Is this number really AT&T Alert: Spam Risk?

Over the past month and a half, I get these calls from 201-594-6535 and they don't leave a message.  I am very leery of answering them because I don't believe they are from AT&T.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by CVinHI
‎03-26-2019 5:09 PM

Re: Is this number really AT&T Alert: Spam Risk?

That is the Call Protect App telling you that the call is a scam call and to not answer. It is not AT&T.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

How about 877-431-7785?  I have gotten several calls from them starting just today.  Similarly, they do not leave a message.  I don't answer.  Is this legit?

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎06-27-2019 1:37 PM

@Msp1961 Legit for what? No one here can tell you that. If you are asking is that a call from ATT, no it is not. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7

It doesn’t matter. Caller IDs can be spoofed. Don’t give out confidential info on incoming calls, period.

In my opinion, there is a second reason it doesn’t matter, which is that real AT&T is a bigger scammer than any of the impostors, but anyway...

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Contributor

I had this same question.  Seems the Caller ID could be better worded.  Having it start with "AT&T"  I thought it might mean someone from AT&T was calling me about their being a scam alert, so I answered it. 

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

I had this same question.  Seems the Caller ID could be better worded.  Having it start with "AT&T"  I thought it might mean someone from AT&T was calling me about their being a scam alert, so I answered it. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support