1.8K Messages

Thursday, July 14th, 2011 1:21 AM

Is LG CF360 really 3G?

The spec of the LG CF360 says:

GSM/GPRS
850/900/1800/1900 MHz

EDGE high speed data network
EDGE Class 10

Without UMTS/HSDPA in the spec, it seems that the phone is not 3G.

So there is:
Analog Radio = 1G
GSM = 2G
GPRS = 2.5G
EDGE = 2.75G
UMTS/HSDPA = 3G

As it concerns AT&T's online purchase, the 3G designation at the top left corner of each phone picture, what is the definition of 3G?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, it looks like it does have the 3G technology. Unless it were like the LG Neon which is somewhat similar to the CF360, the Neon does not support 3G.

I would classify 3G as "a faster, more advanced high-speed network that can handle anything from phone calls, text messages, and especially data such as Internet browsing and MMS messaging. It is quicker than EDGE/2G service, also." I personally prefer 3G much over EDGE, but EDGE seems to be better for voice quality.

Here's a passage from AT&T's 3G Mobile Broadband description:

"The AT&T 3G network uses HSPA/UMTS technology (High Speed Packet Access/Universal Mobile Telephone System), which makes it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless services. It also gives AT&T the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. That means you can talk and use the Internet at the same time." http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/technology/3g-umts.jsp

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

13 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:
Yes, it looks like it does have the 3G technology. Unless it were like the LG Neon which is somewhat similar to the CF360, the Neon does not support 3G.

I would classify 3G as "a faster, more advanced high-speed network that can handle anything from phone calls, text messages, and especially data such as Internet browsing and MMS messaging. It is quicker than EDGE/2G service, also." I personally prefer 3G much over EDGE, but EDGE seems to be better for voice quality.

Here's a passage from AT&T's 3G Mobile Broadband description:

"The AT&T 3G network uses HSPA/UMTS technology (High Speed Packet Access/Universal Mobile Telephone System), which makes it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless services. It also gives AT&T the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. That means you can talk and use the Internet at the same time." http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/technology/3g-umts.jsp

Thanks for the reply.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

You're welcome.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.