Troubleshoot your device issues
duce3's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, January 31st, 2010 7:55 AM

Impact phone & PC Suite not connecting

I've tried multiple times downloading, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting pc, but still can't get pc suite to recognize/connect with either of my two new impact phones.  I'm using XP, and have other devices/software that connect and function properly.  Also, what does it take to send a text with a photo inserted? I get a message saying "unsuccessful, try again later."  After a couple attempts, the message just stays in the outbox.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

14 years ago

Pantech's answer for the USB connection is you have to have the right cable with the Blue arrow on the phone end connector.

This is cable model number PDC-UA16. There recommendation was to get it from Wireless Ground. You can also get it from AT&T and Amazon. You have to make sure they state that it is that part number though as some are selling other cables for earlier Pantech phones and stating they will work with the Impact. I know I bought one of those too.

Soon as I got the right cable it connected just fine. Now the problem is the program gives a Run-time error about the Contact Manager. This is being discussed in another thread.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

14 years ago

I can't get the phone working with PC suite either.  It always says "not connected." This is with a USB cable. duce3, are you using usb or bluetooth?  Just out of curiosity.

I haven't had much trouble sending photos, occasionally I have to retry if I'm not getting a good signal.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

14 years ago

I'm using USB cable also. Did you use the download from the Pantech site, or do you have the cable/software package? I downloaded the software & am wondering if the issue is due to that for some reason.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

14 years ago

I downloaded the software from the Pantech site.  I wasn't aware of a cable/software package.  I'm going to try talking to support today and see if that leads anywhere.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

14 years ago

I also sent a message to  HandsetHelp@Pantech.com  No reply yet.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

14 years ago

I can appreciate where you're coming from. I've had the same problems and tried the same remedies. Finally I purchased the CORRECT usb cable.  Before that I had an off-brand cable that appeared to work but wasn't connecting/recognizing phone with computer.  With my new data cable I'm connected and syncing my data between phone & laptop. What a difference!  Good luck.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

14 years ago

Yes, Pantech tells you to use cable with blue arrow, although the one you buy from AT&T may have a yellow arrow. Just have to make sure of the # on the sticker, as you stated.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.