Troubleshoot your device issues
atdawson98's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, March 2nd, 2013 7:01 AM

I have a non smart phone and want a smart phone

On my non smart phone, I have an unlimited data plan and want a smart phone, because my non sp is broken but my mom refuses to let me get one because she doesn't wanna pay for an extra data plan that she says will be charged if I get one. Is there an additional data charge to my already monthly data plan? I'm confused...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@atdawson98 wrote:
On my non smart phone, I have an unlimited data plan and want a smart phone, because my non sp is broken but my mom refuses to let me get one because she doesn't wanna pay for an extra data plan that she says will be charged if I get one. Is there an additional data charge to my already monthly data plan? I'm confused...

the unlimited data plan you have for a basic pohne will not transfer to a smartphone that plan will be dropped and a qualified smartphone plan will be added. there is no unlimited data plan for smartphones anymore.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=ORzsZynQivf

those are the plans available, if you exceed the paid amount a overage charge will be applied

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

wingrider01 is correct. If you were to upgrade to a smartphone, you would lose your unlimited data plan for feature phones and be forced to choose a qualifying smartphone data plan, which will cost extra.

Really, it all depends on how much data you use per month and how much extra your mother is willing to pay per month for the added smartphone data plan.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.