Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I can't transfer files from my computer to my W350

Tutor

I can't transfer files from my computer to my W350

I just received a Sony Ericsson W350. I downloaded and installed the PC Suite and Media Manager, but Media Manager doesn't see the phone. When the phone is set in "File Transfer" mode, the computer can see the phone, but nothing can be transferred to or from it. If I'm in "phone" mode, PC Suite can see the phone, but I can't transfer anything that way either. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 7
Contributor

Re: I can't transfer files from my computer to my W350

Im having same problem. Did you get a fix?
Message 2 of 7
Master

I am not familiar with the W350, but if you have a memory card the easiest way to transfer files on the W580i is to have the phone OFF and use the Windows copy/paste function.  Windows sees the memory card as a removable storage drive when it's connected via USB. 

Alternatively, if your pc has a memory card reader you can always just insert the memory card into the reader and copy/paste to it there - no need for using the additional software if one of these methods will work for you.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 7
Tutor

Thanks for the advice. I've ordered a memory stick and should be receiving it in the next day or two. I was thinking that this might solve the problem and I will try it as soon as I get the memory stick. I'll let you know if it works.
Message 4 of 7
Master

You're welcome.  Hopefully getting the memory card will make things much easier. Smiley Happy
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 7
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by patsywitz
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I got my memory stick today and when I put in the phone, the computer could see the stick. I was able to transfer music to the phone and now I'm waiting for my earbuds with the special plug for the phone. I can hear the music on the phone's loudspeaker, but it doesn't sound very good that way. Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Message 6 of 7
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support