For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
physicguy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 10:39 PM

Huawei mate 20 pro

My question is, how difficult would it be to use this phone on AT&T's network?  That is, if I purchased an international unlocked version, do I just pop my sim card in from my current phone and get going?

There is a lot of information on the web about his phone.  It sounds great, but isn't for sale in the USA.  I really would love to know about anyone's experience using this phone on AT&T.  I already understand the chances I'm taking with this device.  I know about the green screen (actually, is it solved yet) and I know about no warranty.  However, I want to know if how hard it is to get connected and any losses in functionality that may come from using a phone that is not intended for AT&T's network.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have the mate 20 pro international version on att. Perfect  Pop in your sim. Card and enjoy it  Best phone I ever had. Got it on ebay under a grand  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I own the international version of the phone and all I had to do was insert the SIM card and my AT&T network in the United States worked perfectly with the phone I was coming from an Apple iPhone and just transferred over the SIM card 

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Though per other threads here, if you don't have a currently working SIM from an AT&T approved phone, and you plug in a brand new AT&T SIM card, you might not even have Data services running. But with a bit of work, everything will be fine. The info is discussed in another thread.

Basic outline for Mate 20 Pro when using a new SIM card:

1) create a new APN, use the 'phone' profile  (this gets you Data working, albeit at 3.5G, not LTE)

2) get AT&T customer service or store person to change the IMEI on their side, for your now registered Mate 20 Pro, so that it's recognized as an LTE phone, not just a generic GSM phone (this gets you LTE speeds immediately)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi.

1)On AT&T recognize huawei mate 20 Pro as spy phone  To get the LTE they'll register your phone as LG or something from android phone list.

2)Even after getting LTE you'll get issue with mobile data lost when you talking by phone too long( in 15-20 minutes). On phone calls you'll be on 4G or 3G, not a LTE

3)There are no way to NumberSync if you'll mind to get watch on ATT with GSM. You'll get just different phone number..No same number on two devices 

One plus with ATT that you'll never lost your connection in phone calls because this phone knows how to play on network. This is a best and faster phone in the world. I think another companies just scare to kill temself, especially dead iPhone 3 years ago.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Guys,

Looks like you all have mate 20 pro. I am planning to buy Mate 20, pro is expensive for me. 

Wanted some inputs about the phone specially if there are any issues with call and internet (LTE) not working. ANd how is camera and overall phone.

Would appreciate inputs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.