Troubleshoot your device issues
TheRealCaZ_'s profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 4:30 AM

Huawei P10 plus

Will the Huawei P10 Plus be Compatible with AT&T Network?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

According to the specs yeah

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 Any thoughts on the (lack of, missing) band 30?  

I know the deployment is still small but at my particular location, I often go back and forth between an B2, 4, and 30 connections, probably 30 about 60-70% of the time.

I'm looking for a new device, and want an 835 based setup, but also want to avoid getting something with data-perf issues.

Looking at band coverage lists, not exactly a tons of phones support Band 30 in general, it seems a strange, is there some licensing that I'm not finding (I did some searches, trying to find out more B30 info)?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@pgrey wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 Any thoughts on the (lack of, missing) band 30?  

I know the deployment is still small but at my particular location, I often go back and forth between an B2, 4, and 30 connections, probably 30 about 60-70% of the time.

I'm looking for a new device, and want an 835 based setup, but also want to avoid getting something with data-perf issues.

Looking at band coverage lists, not exactly a tons of phones support Band 30 in general, it seems a strange, is there some licensing that I'm not finding (I did some searches, trying to find out more B30 info)?

@pgrey

the p10 has a HiSilicon Kirin 960 SOC in it.  I know there is a reason the sd835 is preferred by oems in the USA I am sure it has to do with network gear deployed here in the states.  I have a s8+ and love it but I will get the pixel 2 is some flavor I am sure.  I am selling 2 s7 actives on swappa that are unlocked. 

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@pgrey wrote:

@pgrey

the p10 has a HiSilicon Kirin 960 SOC in it.  I know there is a reason the sd835 is preferred by oems in the USA I am sure it has to do with network gear deployed here in the states.  I have a s8+ and love it but I will get the pixel 2 is some flavor I am sure.  I am selling 2 s7 actives on swappa that are unlocked. 

Yeah, sorry, I mean >=835, or the 960, they seem pretty comparable, even if the pixel2 has an 836 it looks like it'll be negligible.

I also want a 2k screen, and a decent camera, which starts to narrow things like crazy, if you want to get a device with Band 30, in fact it narrows it almost to zero.

I'd get an S8+, maybe, if I thought Samsung was going to support upgrades, for non-carrier devices, with some consistency.  I'd really like to get the (rumored, but likely coming) S8 Active, but same deal, I'm ultra-wary, after some of the shenanigans with the Nougat releases on the non-carrier S7 lineup.

I'd like the Pixel 2, most likely, but it's (quite a lot, sounds like) a bit on the higher-end of my current budget, so I'm trying to find something that's (almost) comparable, yet affordable too.   The P10 Plus seems to fit all the right pieces, except that it's missing Band30 (along with darn near every other device out there, the entire Sony/Lenovo line, for example, the XZ Premium is also enticing, but no band 30...).

I've been on 30 most of the day here today, except when I get calls, then I (obviously) drop to 3G and back to 30 (one time I went back to 12, but all the others back to 30, today anyway).

Since AT&T seems to be expanding on 30, at least somewhat, I'm wary, really wary...

I really like the S7 Active, but at this point I'd really just hold out for the S8 Active, depending on the whole mess above...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

S8 active was announced on Monday. Release date is the 11th.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
S8 active was announced on Monday. Release date is the 11th.

Yeah, I saw that.  

I'm waiting for the non-branded release, also hopefully soon ;-]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

3 months away if the rumors hold true

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Cool, thanks for the tip. I found stuff like "has a short period of exclusive release", but nothing all that definitive.  

3 months is good too for Pixel 2 comparisons, and to see if they keep the pricing "reasonable" ;-]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.