Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Huawei Honor 8x Support

Tutor

Huawei Honor 8x Support

I'm going to USA with my lovely Honor 8x.

Is it ok with AT&T? LTE or 3G. As I know T_mobile does not support.

In the its specifications there are: 2300(band 40) 850(band 5)

Honor 8X

Network TypeGSM
SIM Card TypeNano SIM
SIM 1 DetailsNano SIM
SIM 2 DetailsNano SIM
Hybrid SIM (microSD + SIM)Yes
SIM 1 Bands4G Bands:TD-LTE 2600(band 38) / 2300(band 40) / 2500(band 41) / 1900(band 39) FD-LTE 2100(band 1) / 1800(band 3) / 900(band 8) / 850(band 5)3G Bands: UMTS 1900 / 2100 / 850 / 900 MHz2G Bands: GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz GPRS:Available EDGE:Available
SIM 2 Bands4G Bands: TD-LTE 2600(band 38) / 2300(band 40) / 2500(band 41) / 1900(band 39) FD-LTE 2100(band 1) / 1800(band 3) / 900(band 8) / 850(band 5)3G Bands: UMTS 1900 / 2100 / 850 / 900 MHz 2G Bands: GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz GPRS:Available EDGE:Available
Wi-FiYes

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Sage

Re: Huawei Honor 8x Support

It will work on 3g with ATT

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15
Tutor

ok thank you! but what about 5 band(850MHz)?

How this band are working in California?

Message 3 of 15
ACE - Sage

ATT uses LTE bands 2,4,5,12/17,30 and 66.  There is no way to know if you will have access to a band 5 tower.  Even if you do, a non US phone won’t register as an LTE device.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15
Contributor

I have one and it did not work in the USA.

Message 5 of 15
Tutor

Can confirm that Honor 8X worked perfectly just as ATT phone.

there was some internet support but I dont know what type it was. definitely not 4G, I think EDGE

Message 6 of 15
ACE - Professor

As a Huawei user myself.
Your phone looks like is a Mainland China version.
You need an International version to be fully work in North America.
It will support 3G....but how about the towers are busy ???
Internet will be H+ 3G speed,not EDGE, AT&T shut down 2G while ago.
Mr/Miss flowerss, Don't be surprise you will get drop calls ,Internet keep on spinning and cannot download a page and No Service when the above happen   !!!
GOOD luck !!

Message 7 of 15
Tutor

adidaskid, maybe.Is it possible that a phone support exists but without any internet?

As as a phone it worked perfectly (California) but for internet I didnt use it.

I bought a cheap 4G ATT phone and used it as hotspot for Honor. And I recommend this way to get 4G speed.

My Honor 8X is from Russia:

2G850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3GHSDPA до 42 Мb/s
4GLTE Cat 4, 150 Мb/s
LTELTE FDD B1/3/7/8/20
Message 8 of 15
ACE - Professor

@flowerss You know the ways Man WinkSmiley WinkRobot wink
The Russia Honor 8X is close to the Mainland China version. 
They still have CDMA and more Asia base LTE bands.
Enjoy your stay in CA.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Tutor

Does the honor 8x work on o2 network in the UK?

Message 10 of 15
Tutor

Will the honor 8x work on o2 network in the UK?

Message 11 of 15
ACE - Sage

@Benn53 wrote:

Will the honor 8x work on o2 network in the UK?

You would have to ask the o2 network.  🤨

Message 12 of 15
Tutor

Okay thanks, just wondered if anyone knew
Message 13 of 15
ACE - Professor

@Benn53 
I know I cannot stay away from the forum lol Man Tongue
Honor 8X works in UK. I saw people using it on the train.
I am not too sure which network he/she with .
O2/Tescomobile ? Vodafone UK ? EE ? Smiley Embarassed

Message 14 of 15
Tutor

Okay thanks I appreciate it, I’m going to a retail provider to see if I like the interface etc and I’ll double check with them when I’m there. Thankyou though.
Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support