Troubleshoot your device issues
ChrisC175's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 11:13 PM

Huawei Honor 5x Support?

Hello,

I'm sure this question has been asked, and answered previously. I am really interested in purchasing the Huawei Honor 5x on Amazon, and desire to make a switch to AT&T's service plan. My concern is regarding the device support for this phone. I live in the United States.

I really hope this device is supported, so I can make the switch to a phone service that is reliable, and superior compared to Sprint.

Thank you,
Chris

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @ChrisC175

Thanks for posting.

As long as the phone is unlocked and GSM compatible then yes it will work on the AT&T network, however if we do not sell the device we will offer very limited support. 

According to the Huawei website, you should be able to find support for the Honor 5X at http://www.hihonor.com/us/support/. You’ll find software downloads, user manuals, a support number (1.844.524.6667,) a contact email address (honor.us@huawei.com,) and even a Live Chat option.

Hope this helps.
ManuelE AT&T Social Media Manager. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

8 years ago

The honor 5x does work on ATT and gets full LTE.  

If you are switching to ATT you will need to have a sim provisioned for the phone.  (ATT phones will automatically provision for ATT)

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The only feature that will not work is VOLTE. Otherwise yes it will work. Don't forget to program in the APN settings.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a Galaxy S4 that is "on it's last leg" and I want to purchase an unlocked AT&T compatible

Huawei - Honor 6X

Can I just use my SIM card from the Galaxy?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, make sure you purchase the US version when it's released. The EU version will not get LTE
I think the s4 has a bigger SIM card. An ATT company store will replace the SIM card for free for you.

APN settings

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.