Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Huawei Honor 5x Support?

Highlighted
Contributor

Huawei Honor 5x Support?

Hello,

I'm sure this question has been asked, and answered previously. I am really interested in purchasing the Huawei Honor 5x on Amazon, and desire to make a switch to AT&T's service plan. My concern is regarding the device support for this phone. I live in the United States.

I really hope this device is supported, so I can make the switch to a phone service that is reliable, and superior compared to Sprint.

Thank you,
Chris
Message 1 of 6
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ChrisC175
‎03-23-2016 1:09 PM

Re: Huawei Honor 5x Support?

Hi @ChrisC175

Thanks for posting.

As long as the phone is unlocked and GSM compatible then yes it will work on the AT&T network, however if we do not sell the device we will offer very limited support. 

According to the Huawei website, you should be able to find support for the Honor 5X at http://www.hihonor.com/us/support/. You’ll find software downloads, user manuals, a support number (1.844.524.6667,) a contact email address (honor.us@huawei.com,) and even a Live Chat option.

Hope this helps.
ManuelE AT&T Social Media Manager. 

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage

The honor 5x does work on ATT and gets full LTE.  

If you are switching to ATT you will need to have a sim provisioned for the phone.  (ATT phones will automatically provision for ATT)

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Employee

The only feature that will not work is VOLTE. Otherwise yes it will work. Don't forget to program in the APN settings.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I have a Galaxy S4 that is "on it's last leg" and I want to purchase an unlocked AT&T compatible

Huawei - Honor 6X

Can I just use my SIM card from the Galaxy?

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage

Yes, make sure you purchase the US version when it's released. The EU version will not get LTE
I think the s4 has a bigger SIM card. An ATT company store will replace the SIM card for free for you.

APN settings

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support