For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
sunfuze's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, December 4th, 2008 7:20 PM

Closed

How to remove phone Lock?

Hello:  I am a new FUZE owner and new to Windows Mobile devices.  When I set up my phone to sync. to my company's e-mail, I had to enable the phone's automatic locking feature.  Now I need to enter a password every time the phone goes to sleep.

In general I agree for the need to have the phone lock for security, but how do I turn-off this feature?

There is a lot to learn with one of these Windows Mobile devices, but i can say it is great and well worth the "process."

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

15 years ago

Part of the Microsoft Push Email Security pack (a.k.a. Messaging and Security Feature Pack) includes the following features:
  1. Remote policy enforcement - Helps IT staff remotely manage and enforce corporate IT policies over the air using the Exchange System Manager; for example, requiring a PIN password for every device.
  2. Remote device wipe - Helps protect device data in the event a device is lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised. Operators or system administrators can remotely remove device data by using the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Mobile Administration Web tool.
  3. Password enforcement - Helps prevent unauthorized access to a device by automatically removing device data when the password is entered incorrectly a specified number of times.
  4. more....

I think you are feeling the pain associated with these poicies.  I looked to see if there was a hack around the password enforcement, but found nothing.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

To be more clear with my question.  How do I disable the "Lock" feature (i.e., the KEY symbol in Settings) after a password has been selected and used?

I can change the password by: 1) entering the existing password; 2) press menu buttom; 3) press the Reset Password button, then 4) press the unlock button.  This will put you to a screen allowing a password change, but I can not defeat the "Lock" feature, only change the password.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

15 years ago

Start -> Settings -> Lock -> uncheck

Is that what you're looking for? Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for your suggestion.

The solution: "Start -> Settings -> Lock -> uncheck "  sounds great but I do not see the "uncheck" option. 

I wonder if it is defeated because of the  "mail exchange"  with my work's network is on and  somehow forces the phone to be "secured" by password?

In the change password menu the [check box] and label "Prompt if device unused for" are grayed out. 

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

15 years ago

On my phone, I was able to just click on the check mark in the box next to "Prompt if devise is unused for" option to uncheck it.

If you can't do that, then there is probably some policy forcing that on.

Scholar

• 

62 Messages

15 years ago

yep...same thing with Good Mobile Messaging...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks "steve-auction" for the push mail security info.  I really appreciate your post.

I understand the need of security it is just a pain.  I guess before we add microwave ovens to the options list for future phones, a fingerprint security device would be nice. 
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.