For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
TG55's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 22nd, 2008 12:57 PM

Closed

How to program different ringtones for group contact list with LG VU

Hello everyone. I've tried and tried to program my VU to have different ringtones for group list and I just couldn't figure it out. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

@TG55 wrote:
     OK. I already made my contact lists in groups which was stored in my sim card but not in the handset and all I have to do is transfer my call list to the handset as well. Is that correct? BTW, thank you so much to both of you for your help.

Yes the contacts have to be stored on the phone and not the simcard to have the custom ring tones assigned.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

16 years ago

TG55 wrote:
Hello everyone. I've tried and tried to program my VU to have different ringtones for group list and I just couldn't figure it out. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

First, make sure your contacts are saved to the HANDSET...then from there you can add groups and assign a specific ringtone.

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

16 years ago

Dcookie wrote:

First, make sure your contacts are saved to the HANDSET...then from there you can add groups and assign a specific ringtone.

To ellaborate on this a bit, to do so you just go to your address book, tap your contact, hit options, and copy to handset.  You probably already knew that, but just in case I thought I'd throw it in.  From one Vu user to another 😉

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

OK. I already made my contact lists in groups which was stored in my sim card but not in the handset and all I have to do is transfer my call list to the handset as well. Is that correct? BTW, thank you so much to both of you for your help.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

16 years ago

TG55 wrote:

You're welcome! Smiley Happy
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.