Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 27, 2014
1:27:30 PM
How can you tell if a refurbished phone is really refurbished?

Hello everyone.  I would like to know how a person can tell if a refurbished phone really is refurbished.  Is there a way that a person can tell or no?

Hello everyone.  I would like to know how a person can tell if a refurbished phone really is refurbished.  Is there a way that a person can tell or no?

How can you tell if a refurbished phone is really refurbished?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2014 8:28:32 AM
(0)
Scholar
Nope, you can't tell by the phone itself unless you are the technician.

What makes a phone refurbished has few factors. Sometime customers just open it and doesn't want it within the return policy period, and they return it as brand new, but when the company wants to sell it back out, they can't sell it as brand new because someone else already own it before you. So it gets classified as refurbished. However, some phone does have problem like the phone won't power on at all, and the technician fix the problems, and now the phone is in working condition, so it is refurbished.

Bottom line, you can't tell by just looking at it. Even if you disassemble the part, unless you can tell if all those part are brand new or not.
Nope, you can't tell by the phone itself unless you are the technician.

What makes a phone refurbished has few factors. Sometime customers just open it and doesn't want it within the return policy period, and they return it as brand new, but when the company wants to sell it back out, they can't sell it as brand new because someone else already own it before you. So it gets classified as refurbished. However, some phone does have problem like the phone won't power on at all, and the technician fix the problems, and now the phone is in working condition, so it is refurbished.

Bottom line, you can't tell by just looking at it. Even if you disassemble the part, unless you can tell if all those part are brand new or not.

Re: How can you tell if a refurbished phone is really refurbished?

2 of 3 (391 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2014 10:52:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
In some cases, there COULD be a few scratches on the body and or screen of the phone or device, but in most cases, refurbished models appear to be brand new. I purchased a refurbished LG Neon from AT&T a few years ago and it looked brand new.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

In some cases, there COULD be a few scratches on the body and or screen of the phone or device, but in most cases, refurbished models appear to be brand new. I purchased a refurbished LG Neon from AT&T a few years ago and it looked brand new.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can you tell if a refurbished phone is really refurbished?

3 of 3 (314 Views)