Troubleshoot your device issues
angellaca's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 3:32 PM

How can I get more than 10 devices working with my att home base?

I live in a rural area, and THANKFULLY ATT offers a great solution. It is 4G LTE and it works great. My only issue is that I have security cameras, tivo's, multiple computers and iPads, etc. that connect and although I do not need all 10 online at the same time, I get locked out of internet access because the other devices have IP addresses even if I am not using them. Is there a way to setup a network or other router to provide connectivity and just plug it into the home base unit? My unit is the Z700A.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@angellaca wrote:

I live in a rural area, and THANKFULLY ATT offers a great solution. It is 4G LTE and it works great. My only issue is that I have security cameras, tivo's, multiple computers and iPads, etc. that connect and although I do not need all 10 online at the same time, I get locked out of internet access because the other devices have IP addresses even if I am not using them. Is there a way to setup a network or other router to provide connectivity and just plug it into the home base unit? My unit is the Z700A.

Plug a regular wireless router into your Z700A (one that lets you hook up dozens of devices) then connect all your wireless devices to that WiFi (not the z700a). You won't have that limitation and you'll probably probably get better WiFi connectivity in your home.

I've recommended this one to many and had great results, a friend just put it into a 2200 sq/ft home at one end of the home and it covers it very well.

Just make sure you make the other devices forget the WiFi for the Z700A so that they are all connecting to the same access point (maybe change the Z700a name or password).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IUDUJE0/

@lizdance40 That's not what they mean by TEN.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

You would have to add a second device or account.

Or move to a business account.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

From what I see, the z700a has one Ethernet port. You should be able to connect another WiFi router to that port and set up a second home network. For those extra devices not able to connect directly to the home base unit, they can connect to that second router.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.