Troubleshoot your device issues
DustinWill's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2018 10:39 PM

Hot Spot overage issues!!

I have been using my hot spots from my iphones for as long as I can remember. Streaming Netflix, HULU, XBOX etc. Up until a few months ago I wasn't even aware that you could use up all the data. Now all of a sudden within two days of watching Netflix, it says I've used it all up. I have contacted everyone I could think of to figure out why it's all of a sudden going out within 2 days, when before I could go the entire month. NOTHING HAS CHANGED as to what I use on the Hot Spot. I have tweeted, called, gone in store, and no one can answer why it's not working like it should anymore. This is my first post ever on here and my last resort to get answers!! I've talked to friends who have said theirs is doing the same thing so I know it isn't just mine! Anyone else notice this happening within the past few months?! Have you been able to get answers as to what has changed or what's causing it? Any solutions on fixing it?! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I’m guessing you have an unlimited data plan. That plan has a 10 or 15 GB limit per month on hotspot usage and always has. The difference is ATT was not enforcing that limit until recently. Now when you hit the limit, speeds are slowed to make hotspot unusable.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks so much!!! It's ashame NO ONE at AT&T could let me know this. No point to even have a hot spot option if you can only use it for 2 days! At least now I know what the issue is. I appreciate your response! 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

THANK YOU!! It has been taking me days to find this out.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@JeepLove wrote:

THANK YOU!! It has been taking me days to find this out.

It would’ve taken you a lot less time if you logged into your my AT&T account and read what is provided with your plan.  The same information was provided before you purchased your plan.  

Your customer service summary provides more detail on your plan.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.