Troubleshoot your device issues
mnepitjr's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 13th, 2013 3:17 AM

Home Wireless Phone -Beeping

I have the new wireless home phone service that has a modem that you connect to your home phone.  Lights are all green.  Anytime I talk to my wife on the phone I get this stupid annoying beepinig noise like she is pressing the buttons.  She can't hear the beeps but I can.  It's getting on my last nerve.  I did see where someone else posted tis on here but it won't let me look at that thread.  Any help would be appreciated.

Former Employee

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

This is not typical and sounds like you need need tech support. There are 2 ways you can go about this. Below is the link for Troubleshoot & Resolve. Within the following link you will also see Chat With Live Agent. I recommend starting there to connect with a technician able to identify the issue and find a solution. I can imagine how irritating this has been for you.

For all Wireless HomePhone troubleshooting, including the option to speak with a live Technical Support Chat Agent please click the following link.

Please click here

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Spoiler

Thanks,

It looks like the chat is down and I'll have to try at another time.  Thanks again

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

mnepitjr - 

If you find an answer that solves this please post it here.  I have had the same problem for months - went through multiple times on the phone with AT&T with no solution - then I was in the local AT&T store and they said they have had a lot of complaints about this.  The guy said he had been told it was a known problem that they are working on but with no time frame to fix.  Meanwhile, everyone I talk to complains about the beeping, including the reps from AT&T whom I called to complain about the beeping!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

I second the request for posting the solution here.  My mother has the wireless home phone service and I hear those touchtone sounds when I talk to her.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have had this issue since I bought this device a year ago.  Recently after enough complaints from others listening on the other end of our phone, I decided to do some research.  The beeps you are experiencing are a network switching phenomenon known as "talk - off" where the device/ network is interpreting someone's voice as a DTMF (dual tone multifrequency) digit, same as if someone pressed one of the keys..  I am going to start a dialog with tech support but based on a few of the posts here it sounds like they know about this and it is a hard problem to solve since it involves an interaction between the type of phone you are using, the wireless  device (WF 720)  , and the network switching gear.  I have tried 2 types of phones plugging into this unit (AT&T and Panasonic) and they both have the same issue with the wireless device.  I suspect the design of this particular device (WF 720) aggravates the issue.  Another tid bit I found is that , believe it or not, a woman's voice , because of the higher pitch is more susceptible to causing this problem.  I'll add additional posts as I find out more.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I talked to a tech rep yesterday. It's not his fault but all he could do is give me the run around.

This problem has existed for months. Att is aware of it, but they give no convincing evidence that they are really working the problem. I get the impression that the problem will exist as long as it is tolerated by customers. Evidence that they are not concerned is the fact that they continue to sell a defective product to customers that think they are getting a product worthy of the Att name. They should provide customers who are living with the probem some sort of consideration until the problem is resolved. I am losing patience with the situation.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm having the same problem with my service. Extremely annoying. I try calling att and the customer service reps don't ever seem to know that this is even a service They tell me they don't offer a service "like that", and then transfer me to the landline department, they transfer me back to wireless, and then transferred again back to landline. The whole time my phones beeping during the calls and driving me nuts. Really thinking about canceling this service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Has anyone tried using just a corded phone?  And is the beeping still heard?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, everyone!

Thanks for posting. It sounds like quite a few of you are experiencing the same issue. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can track the issue and determine the cause.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have had the same beeping problem since I brought the base home in Nov. 2013.  It is annoying and frustrating.  I have been emailing with an ATT rep who basically is telling us there is no resolution and to "deal with it." See rep's final messages below.

I received notice from the Urgent Case team that beeping sound is a known issue and we are currently working to get it resolved.

Unfortunately, there is no resolution at this time. Teams from product marketing, development, and ZTE (the WHP manufacturer) are actively investigating potential improvements to significantly reduce the occurrence of this issue.

I can understand your frustration in regards to the issue and can assure you that we are working to get it resolved as quick as possible.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.