For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Jmscanadyy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 2:29 PM

Help with unlocking an HTC Windows phone

So I recently broke my Verizon phone, and upon my dad hearing about it while at dinner, he gave me an AT&T Windows phone. I submitted the information to unlock the device (IMEI: [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]), and received the initial email with the information stating that the process had begun. Three days later, I received an email stating that it was still being processed. It now has been nine days since I initially submitted the request, and have heard nothing; not even an email. When I check the status online, it says "In Progress" and that I'll receive an email soon. I contacted AT&T and a very nice woman tried explaining that the device simply will not unlock, but she could not give me any further reasoning; she just kept suggesting to go online and submit a request (like I originally, already did). I repeatedly asked for a manager or supervisor, but none were available, which brings me to now. I would appreciate any and all help that you could provide with this issue! Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Jmscanadyy

Your trying to use the ATT phone on Verizon?  Yeah it won't work as it has no CDMA radios and won't be white listed for Verizon as a LTE only device since its so old.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Ah! Gotcha! So I just need to go and pick up a new phone. That's what I needed to know. Thank you very, very much!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.