S60's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 19th, 2008 3:14 PM

Closed

Help on WIFI usage.

Can anyone help>

Do I have to pay for internet usage to use WIFI via home network? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

16 years ago

No, if you can connect to your home's WiFi, that data usage is free.

The only thing you need to be careful about is that sometimes when you *think* you're on wifi, you may actually be using cellular data.

Make sure you disable your data connection (put your phone in Airplane mode should do it) before connecting to WiFi.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

16 years ago

Thanks for the information. What other safetguard can I take if the hone does not have an airplane mode capability?  Thanks.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

What kind of phone do you have?  If you'll add it to your profile here, it will help others give you more tailored information. 🙂

Your phone may have an option where you can identify "active data connections".  If your user name is an indication that you are using a Nokia running S60, I'd look for it under "connection manager".

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

16 years ago

My phone is Nokia N95. I just figured it out how to get it work. Turn the personal profile to offline which it will disconnect the phone from my cellular provider. Thanks for the information again.

S60

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

Glad you got it figured out. 🙂

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

16 years ago

You dont need to get disconnect from the cell network. When the phone prompts you to select data network ,it will show you ATT Media Net, ATT Internet and so ,and will show you in the same menu "search for WLAN"...any WLAN network you choose (you will see your own also in that menu) will be OK.,no charges Smiley Happy
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.