Troubleshoot your device issues
guandalf's profile

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

Saturday, May 2nd, 2009 1:54 AM

Closed

Headphone issue on Fuze

When I connect the dongle and plug in a headset i hear music just on the left side (no... I dont have a hearing problemSmiley Tongue). the headset works perfectly fine on other phone. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this.

thanks

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

OK. I resolved the issue. Apparently, not every headset is compatible. I went to AT&T store took the store's Fuze and connected it with my dongle and headset and experienced the same problem. I asked the manage rto get me the store's dongle and tried the same and still experienced the same problem. I asked the manager if he could give me a headset that he knew worked with th eFuze, so he gave me a set that plugs into the usb part of the dongle and it worked perfectly. So the issue was with my headset. At least now I know 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

i have the same problem.  i hooked up the earbuds and a set of headphones at the same time to check. earbuds played right side, headphones played the left. or vice versa.

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

Has anyone else experience this problem? Is this a hardware or software issue?

Guru

• 

833 Messages

15 years ago

What kind of phone does the dongle work with?  There is no standard for USB -> headphone connections and, for example, a dongle made for a Motorola will not work for an HTC phone even though the plugs are all the same.  I believe all HTC phones are the same so a Tilt cable should work with a Fuze, etc.

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

Im talking about the dongle that came with the Fuze

Guru

• 

833 Messages

15 years ago

Ah...

Well that one should be compatible. Smiley Happy

Do you know anybody else with a Fuze and/or an HTC dongle so you can try to isolate the souce of the issue?

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

I am thinking of going to the AT&T store with my phone and dongle and running some tests there. Maybe the headset I have is faulty. Regardless... I am planning on using a bluetooth stereo headset but if my phone is faulty I would still be annoyed

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

I just noticed something strnage. When I plug my headset the TV out app comes on for a second asking to choose between PAL and NTSC. Is that supposed to happen? Has anyone else noticed that? Maybe my Fuze doesnt like my headset which belongs to the Palm Treo 750 I used to have. I am going to test it this afternoon at an AT&T store
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.