Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HTML Email On Blackberry Bold

Contributor

HTML Email On Blackberry Bold

Hi guys, i was wondering, if any of you guys have been able to receive HTML email on your blackberry bold. Because whenever i turn the HTML option on, all i get is encrypted emails. Not HTML, but yet once i turn it off, i get them just fine like any other blackberry. Any solutions? i do have the blackberry In ternet plan, not the enterprise, and i can send, receive mms just fine, as well as access the internet
Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: HTML Email On Blackberry Bold

I have been getting HTML email without any problems.  In fact, my device by default had HTML emails on.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Mine by default was set to html also, but for some reason, i still do not get HTML emails. Do you have the BIS plan as well?
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

I had the same problem when I started using my Bold, moved from a Curve using 6 email accounts on BIS, switched to new phone, email worked fine, but no HTML. Made sure Options...display HTML>>>yes and Options...show images>>>yes were set, no go.

Deleted all email accounts on BIS except @att.blackberry.net and set them back up from phone and resend service books, still no HTML emails. Just a bunch of HTML garbage and could only read message OK if I changed message to text.

Called AT&T support and we did a battery pull, re-registered phone on network, resent service books, still no HTML in email. She tried, but had no additional information available, wanted to transfer me to RIM and somewhere in all that we got disconnected so I never spoke with them.

I asked a couple of the guys at the AT&T store and they didn't even think or know that the Bold could receive HTML email, so that was a dead end.

After 3 days of use, the trackball on my Bold died, would scroll every direction but down, not easy to do much with this phone without being able to scroll down. Hassle free exchange at AT&T store so I was back in business and I decided to see if I could get HTML working starting back at square one.

Before I set up the new Bold on BIS, I went in and deleted ALL email accounts, including the @att.blackberry.net one. I then registered the phone on BIS and sent service books. After that and a battery pull, I set up all my email accounts again, including the @att.blackberry.net one, resent the service books and did another battery pull. Started the phone back up and the first HTML email I received was a beautiful sight, no more HTML garbage, just text and images. It now works great.

Maybe had something to do with switch from Curve and need to start new with all email accounts to get something reset on server side, not sure what it was, but that solved it for me. Guess I'm glad first phone died as it helped resolve the HTML problem. Good luck!
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

thanks a lot, i appreciate the answer. I actually contacted AT&T and they transfered me over to a blackberry representative, who then transfered me to a Blackberry tech Support rep. We tried everything but it turns out, that they have an issue with the problem you stated. Turns out i also changed over from a curve. He said that internally they are having an issue, that when customers switch over form another blackberry to the bold, they have the same issue as us. He sent the service books again, made some changes ins his system, and everything is working fine. Agin thanks for your reponse, and let's hope everything goes fine from here on, because i really like the BOLD
Message 5 of 6
Guru
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by dyml86
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

With the Release of the Bold, there was an issue where coming from a device that did not support HTML.  AT&T or RIM seems to be able to remove the device, and readd it back to show the device now supports HTML.  This seemed to of been an issue on other carriers accross EU and such when 4.5 came out!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support