Troubleshoot your device issues
morningstarprime's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 13th, 2012 2:42 AM

HTC One X won't turn on

I bought it in June and it worked fine every single day. Until today, I was writing down some notes in class then by the time I got home, it's just dead. It wouldn't even charge (no orange light) through PC or wall charger. I don't even know what to do. My credit card is about to expire on autopay and ironically I need to USE A CELLPHONE to call my bank about this. I'm so mad that I almost wanted to make "made in China" joke but then again I realize the device is probably made in China....

thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@morningstarprime wrote:

I bought it in June and it worked fine every single day. Until today, I was writing down some notes in class then by the time I got home, it's just dead. It wouldn't even charge (no orange light) through PC or wall charger. I don't even know what to do. My credit card is about to expire on autopay and ironically I need to USE A CELLPHONE to call my bank about this. I'm so mad that I almost wanted to make "made in China" joke but then again I realize the device is probably made in China....

thanks in advance

if the phone is truely dead and not just a battery failure you will need to call either att or HTC for warranty support on the phone, it both cases there will be a shipment delay for you to get a replacement refurbished unit. Check the store locator for att, they do have some service centers scattered around that can handle most issues at the location. You might also try going into a regular store and trying a different battery, that might resolve the issue

I believe HTC is a taiwanese based / owned company

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@morningstarprime wrote:

thanks in advance

If the phone is truely dead and not just a battery failure you will need to call either att or HTC for warranty support on the phone, it both cases there will be a shipment delay for you to get a replacement refurbished unit. Check the store locator for att, they do have some service centers scattered around that can handle most issues at the location. You might also try going into a regular store and trying a different battery, that might resolve the issue

I believe HTC is a taiwanese based / owned company

HTC Warranty info

• HTC's warranty guide can be found Here
  • Warranty shall last for twelve (12) months from the date of original purchase
  • PROOF OF PURCHASE is required for any claims
  • HTC will Repair or replace the device.
  • Warranty does not apply to any software.
  • If HTC repairs or replaces the Product, the repaired or replaced Product shall continue to be warranted for the remaining time of the original Warranty period or for three (3) months from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
  • Before returning any unit for service, be sure to back up data and remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information from the Product.
  • Email contact Link
  • 1-866-449-8358 open 7 days a week from 6am-1am EST

AT&T's Warranty info

• Device Support Center info
    • Phones with physical or liquid damage are not eligible for warranty service. The person requesting the warranty service must be an authorized user on the account.
  • Warranty claims are valid for one year on new devices and 90 days on refurbished devices. Please note that this information does not apply to Apple iPhone devices. If you have iPhone, refer to: Exchanging, replacing, or repairing a malfunctioning iPhone.
  • Warranty Service Center at 1-800-801-1101.

AT&T Mobile Insurance

• Assurion
  • Asurion contact number 1-888-562-8662
  • The HTC ONE X (PJ83100) is a Tier 3 device and has a $199 deductable for a insurance claim.
    • Information Source
      • The enrollment period for AT&T Mobile Insurance lasts 30 days from the date of service activation or equipment upgrade. Customers may only enroll in the AT&T Mobile Insurance Program within the first 30 days of a service activation or qualified equipment upgrade.
  • File a claim online and track an already submitted claim at phoneclaim.com/att
  • More info on a insurance claim can be found HERE

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Try this before getting a new phone:

Press and hold down the power button and the volume down button. 

This is a hard reset.

For some reason, this has happened to both my phone and my boyfriend's phone multiple times. It won't respond, then we do the hard reset, and it magically returns to normal. This will save you heartache and $$$. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.