Troubleshoot your device issues
cjeznach's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 22nd, 2015 1:58 PM

HTC One M8 group messaging/voicemail problems

I've had my htc one M8 for a while, and only recently has it started to not show voicemails/group messages. I have the setting turned on, but for group messaging all I receive is a text from "Anonymous" which says "Message not found." For the voicemail, I've had several people assure me that they have left me a voicemail, but I have yet to get theirs. However it used to work. Is there a setting I could have changed that would cause these issues? Has anyone else worked with these?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @cjeznach

I’d be happy to help with your group messaging/voicemail issue! This sounds like a data connection problem. Check that mobile data is enabled by swiping down from the top of the screen with two fingers. If Mobile Data is turned off, tap the tile to enable. To test mobile data as working, try turning off WiFi and load a webpage, then check if your MMS and Voicemail issue persists!

I hope this helps!

Charise

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

The issue is not a data problem because I do get all of my voicemail (as far as I know) and SOME group messages. Just sometimes I do not. I can be in the same place I was when I received the last group message and the next one will not receive. It will either come from anonymous - "message not found" or it will give me the sender's name and a download link but the download will always fail.

I can't be sure but i think it has been doing this since the software update.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having a similar issue, but only with group messages. I receive about 1/3 group mms messages and almost never receive attached photos. This wasn't a problem until about two months ago. I'll get a notification saying a message is waiting to download and it never comes through. Tried switching to google hangouts and completely wiping my phone and neither helped.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.