Troubleshoot your device issues
HitShane's profile

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 7:46 PM

HTC One M8, 5.0.2 GPS turns itself on.

My phone's GPS turns itself on anytime I make a call, recieve a call, send a text, wake it from a long sleep, or change cell signals. This constantly wakes my phone and drains my battery. I have put the phone into safe mode and it still happens. I have location off, location history off, and maps disabled. It still happens. I wiped the cache after the OTA to 5.0.2 and through frustration did a factory reset. My GPS turns itself on! I have every ATT app disabled and it still turns itself on. Since I can't S-OFF my phone to Properly Root and lock the virus known as "IQ Agent Service" that is causing the problems, how can I fix my phone? This problem was in 4.4.4 and now with the new update to 5.0.2, AT&T has still included the "IQ Agent Service" bug and it is even more troublesome now. How can I fix this problem. I have scoured the entire internet over the last few nights for problably 10-15 hours and this is a known problem in the community and the only solution seams to be to install a custom ROM. How can I correct this problem? Should I just switch to T-Mobile or Verizon? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@HitShane wrote:

I did it last night. I'm going to invoice AT&T for the $25.

Good luck with that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

my phone does this mulitple times and hour and every time i turn it on GPS turn on. I turn it off and watch the widget and it turns right back on by itself. This if VERY annoying. ATT definitely needs to fix this because from everything i have read it is all ATT M8's

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.