For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Hart3131's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 4th, 2016 12:43 AM

HTC ONE M8 update to Windows 10

Does anyone know if the Windows 10 update is available and if so what do I need ot to install it on mt HTC One M8

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Hart3131!

At this time, Windows 10 has not been released for the M8. You can click this link to keep your device’s software up to date.

Thanks,

Alison

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Alison,Thank You for the help. I really like my phone and the Windows interface.

I hope the Windows 10 mobile is a worthy successor........

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

So does this answer mean the HTC One M8 for Windows will eventually get the windows 10 update?  Are we waiting on Microsoft or HTC or AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@eric37

as of right now HTC is saying no updates are planned

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@eric37 Right now if you want Windows 10 Mobile on the M8 You'll have to join the Windows Insider program. It along with some other planned devices are NOT supported in the the build that was released today.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Come on HTC, keep your promise of OS update for two years!!

http://www.windowscentral.com/htc-committed-os-updates-htc-one-windows

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

ODad, yup, I've done that.  This pretty much guarantees this is my last HTC phone ever.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@eric37 So which build of Windows 10 Mobile did you get on the HTC in the Insider Program? Can you get build 10586.164 ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

10586.164 is apparently the last Win10 insider build this phone will receive.  It's not on the 14xxx development branch and it doesn't appear it will get added anytime soon.  I'm with @eric37, this is the last HTC I will ever buy.  It might just be the last Windows mobile device I buy as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

What I can't figure out is why the M8, technically superior to some of the phones getting a production upgrade, isn't itself getting an upgrade?  It's run the 10xxx Windows 10 development branch for almost a year with only a few builds being bad.

@ATTMobilityCare, is this something you can answer??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.