HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

Tutor

HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

Hello:

My HTC Fuze P4600 was having problems overheating and not holding a battery charge, so I am having it replaced by AT&T. I have many Text Messages on my current phone and I want to:

1: Back then up to my Mem Card (make a copy in case of loss)

2: Move all my text messages from this current phone to my replacement

Any idea on how to perform these tasks?

Message 1 of 7 (1,906 Views)
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author mkoscik
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

Download Lookout Mobile Sercurity from the Windows Market.  It is free and it will save your contacts, photos and messages on the internet and then you can download them to your new phone.

Message 2 of 7 (1,875 Views)
Professor

Re: HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

mkoscik wrote:

Hello:

My HTC Fuze P4600 was having problems overheating and not holding a battery charge, so I am having it replaced by AT&T. I have many Text Messages on my current phone and I want to:

1: Back then up to my Mem Card (make a copy in case of loss)

2: Move all my text messages from this current phone to my replacement

Any idea on how to perform these tasks?

Microsoft My Phone is the program that you are looking for.  It is free.  Very easy to install and it will re import all of your SMS's.

http://sn1-p2.myphone.microsoft.com/mkweb/Start.po?mkt=en-US

Message 3 of 7 (1,850 Views)

Another alternative is PIM Backup...it is free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 4 of 7 (1,841 Views)
Tutor

Re: HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memory Card

Thank you. I tried the Lookout Mobile Security program, but I could not get it to backup. I used the standard 3G network/cell setting and then connected to my wireless LAN without success.

Message 5 of 7 (1,685 Views)
Tutor

Thank you.Re: HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

Works great! Thank You.

Message 6 of 7 (1,644 Views)
Tutor

Excellent program! I like the fact that I can backup to my own mini SD , instead of the Internet.

Message 7 of 7 (1,643 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.