Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 10, 2010
9:33:35 AM
View profile
HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

Hello:

My HTC Fuze P4600 was having problems overheating and not holding a battery charge, so I am having it replaced by AT&T. I have many Text Messages on my current phone and I want to:

1: Back then up to my Mem Card (make a copy in case of loss)

2: Move all my text messages from this current phone to my replacement

Any idea on how to perform these tasks?

Hello:

My HTC Fuze P4600 was having problems overheating and not holding a battery charge, so I am having it replaced by AT&T. I have many Text Messages on my current phone and I want to:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 10, 2010 11:55:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

Download Lookout Mobile Sercurity from the Windows Market.  It is free and it will save your contacts, photos and messages on the internet and then you can download them to your new phone.

Accepted Solution

HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 10, 2010 11:55:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

Download Lookout Mobile Sercurity from the Windows Market.  It is free and it will save your contacts, photos and messages on the internet and then you can download them to your new phone.

Re: HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

2 of 7 (1,862 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2010 3:08:27 PM
(0)
Professor

mkoscik wrote:

Hello:

Microsoft My Phone is the program that you are looking for.  It is free.  Very easy to install and it will re import all of your SMS's.

http://sn1-p2.myphone.microsoft.com/mkweb/Start.po?mkt=en-US

mkoscik wrote:

Hello:

Microsoft My Phone is the program that you are looking for.  It is free.  Very easy to install and it will re import all of your SMS's.

http://sn1-p2.myphone.microsoft.com/mkweb/Start.po?mkt=en-US

Re: HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

3 of 7 (1,837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2010 4:16:07 PM
(0)
Expert

Another alternative is PIM Backup...it is free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

Another alternative is PIM Backup...it is free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

4 of 7 (1,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 8:00:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you. I tried the Lookout Mobile Security program, but I could not get it to backup. I used the standard 3G network/cell setting and then connected to my wireless LAN without success.

Thank you. I tried the Lookout Mobile Security program, but I could not get it to backup. I used the standard 3G network/cell setting and then connected to my wireless LAN without success.

Re: HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memory Card

5 of 7 (1,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 1:12:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

Works great! Thank You.

Works great! Thank You.

Thank you.Re: HTC Fuze - Text Messages - Move to replacement Fuze & Backup to Memeory Card

6 of 7 (1,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 1:13:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

Excellent program! I like the fact that I can backup to my own mini SD , instead of the Internet.

Excellent program! I like the fact that I can backup to my own mini SD , instead of the Internet.

7 of 7 (1,630 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments