Troubleshoot your device issues
mimajay's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 8:48 PM

HTC Freestyle home screen weather app--how to turn it off?

I got a Freestyle about a week ago and was not able to purchase a data plan; the associate I purchased the phone from assured me that it wasn't necessary, but that I would want to keep the home screen weather app disabled so that I wouldn't incur any accidental data charges. A day later, my friend was using my phone and accidentally activated the feature, and I haven't been able to turn it off again.

I have disabled my mobile network and the auto-sync feature, as per advice on this forum, and it is still updating. There is nothing in the manual about how to turn this feature off once you have turned it on, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem/has found a way to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

13 years ago

To remove the weather from the clock section do the following:

Go to settings/data services. Then under My Location, uncheck Enable Locaion.

On the home screen the clock will be displayed without weather.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you so much!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

the weather app and location is free. However pressing 90% of the Apps in the menu will incur charges, including downloading a picture msg. I suggest calling your provider and slapping them a Disable my Data network.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thank yo so much! I spent about 40 miuntes with Att representative chatting to solve this. But that was a total waste of time. The representative made me delete a wrong file. She/He did know nothing about the phone. I didn't know att is this poor at tech service. Such a bad experience.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Go to weather and touch screen , when it pop up you will see all he weather for other state. now drop down to the silver button. push once and go to settings. touch once and the screen will pop up that say .

download weather automatically  tpuch once and the green check on the side will go away . this will stop it from working 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Do you know how to make the clock smaller on the htc freestyle?  It takes up the whole screen practically where you can't see anything but the clock.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was just on the phone with AT&T regarding my weather screen, that last week it was there and loved using it. I was on the phone, they had me clean out certain apps as well. Low and behold, did not have the answers I needed and was told to drive to their location, which is 30 miles from my house. Not sure why I even called? Deleted item that I actually used! Bunch of crap, also no reason why I had it one day, and it disappeared the next day?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Weather at top of home page how do i remove ?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.