Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 12, 2012
11:58:51 AM
View profile
HOW CAN I STOP THE DATA

My smart phone is not working. I am using a plain type phone. I don't need data now.But I have to pay for it $20 per month.How can I stop the data?

My smart phone is not working. I am using a plain type phone. I don't need data now.But I have to pay for it $20 per month.How can I stop the data?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 13, 2012 12:37:58 PM
(0)
Expert
unfortunately no, as long as AT&T's system detects you are using a smartphone a data plan is required to be on the account for your number, once you start using a non-smart phone then and only then do you not have to have a data plan on your line of service.
Accepted Solution

HOW CAN I STOP THE DATA

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2012 12:05:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

And I don't have any cell phone purchasing contracts with AT&T.

And I don't have any cell phone purchasing contracts with AT&T.

Re: HOW CAN I STOP THE DATA

2 of 9 (2,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2012 12:56:51 PM
(0)
Expert
in order to not be required to have a data package you have to use a phone that AT&T does not quantify as a smartphone.
in order to not be required to have a data package you have to use a phone that AT&T does not quantify as a smartphone.

3 of 9 (2,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2012 8:17:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

Do you mean that I need to go  an AT&T and show my phone?

4 of 9 (2,385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2012 7:17:02 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Oct 13, 2012 at 7:29:03 AM

downup wrote:

You can probably call CC at 1-800-331-0500, or 611 from your phone, and just let them know what type of device you switched over to and have them remove your data plan. That's what I would do, personally. You may even be able to do it under your Online Account Manager.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

downup wrote:

You can probably call CC at 1-800-331-0500, or 611 from your phone, and just let them know what type of device you switched over to and have them remove your data plan. That's what I would do, personally. You may even be able to do it under your Online Account Manager.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
5 of 9 (2,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 13, 2012 12:37:58 PM
(0)
Expert
unfortunately no, as long as AT&T's system detects you are using a smartphone a data plan is required to be on the account for your number, once you start using a non-smart phone then and only then do you not have to have a data plan on your line of service.

6 of 9 (2,295 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2012 9:06:18 PM
(0)
Expert

wilcre wrote:

But didn't the OP state that he/she is using a "plain type phone"?? Maybe the plain type phone then, is not a dumbphone, like I'm thinking it is. Sorry, wilcre. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

wilcre wrote:

But didn't the OP state that he/she is using a "plain type phone"?? Maybe the plain type phone then, is not a dumbphone, like I'm thinking it is. Sorry, wilcre. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

7 of 9 (2,267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2012 12:10:28 PM
(0)
Expert
don't say sorry, the OP has not confirmed the make and model of phone that is in use.
don't say sorry, the OP has not confirmed the make and model of phone that is in use.

8 of 9 (2,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2012 4:55:58 PM
(0)
Expert

wilcre wrote:

True. Smiley Tongue

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

wilcre wrote:

True. Smiley Tongue

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

9 of 9 (2,209 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments