HOW CAN I STOP THE DATA

Contributor

HOW CAN I STOP THE DATA

My smart phone is not working. I am using a plain type phone. I don't need data now.But I have to pay for it $20 per month.How can I stop the data?

Message 1 of 9 (2,471 Views)
Contributor

Re: HOW CAN I STOP THE DATA

And I don't have any cell phone purchasing contracts with AT&T.

Message 2 of 9 (2,469 Views)
Expert

in order to not be required to have a data package you have to use a phone that AT&T does not quantify as a smartphone.
Message 3 of 9 (2,456 Views)
Contributor

Do you mean that I need to go  an AT&T and show my phone?

Message 4 of 9 (2,423 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

downup wrote:

Do you mean that I need to go  an AT&T and show my phone?

You can probably call CC at 1-800-331-0500, or 611 from your phone, and just let them know what type of device you switched over to and have them remove your data plan. That's what I would do, personally. You may even be able to do it under your Online Account Manager.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 9 (2,365 Views)
Highlighted
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDelia (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

unfortunately no, as long as AT&T's system detects you are using a smartphone a data plan is required to be on the account for your number, once you start using a non-smart phone then and only then do you not have to have a data plan on your line of service.
Message 6 of 9 (2,333 Views)
Expert

wilcre wrote:
unfortunately no, as long as AT&T's system detects you are using a smartphone a data plan is required to be on the account for your number, once you start using a non-smart phone then and only then do you not have to have a data plan on your line of service.

But didn't the OP state that he/she is using a "plain type phone"?? Maybe the plain type phone then, is not a dumbphone, like I'm thinking it is. Sorry, wilcre. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 9 (2,305 Views)
Expert

don't say sorry, the OP has not confirmed the make and model of phone that is in use.
Message 8 of 9 (2,269 Views)
Expert

wilcre wrote:
don't say sorry, the OP has not confirmed the make and model of phone that is in use.

True. Smiley Tongue

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 9 of 9 (2,247 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.