Troubleshoot your device issues
ckuczek's profile

Professor

• 

517 Messages

Friday, September 16th, 2011 5:19 PM

Good Basic AT&T Phone for a Senior?

A family friend's cell phone was lost today at the airport and if the phone can't be found, another one may have to be purchased.  What is a good basic phone that AT&T offers? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

13 years ago

I suggest flip phones.  Just open to answer and close to hang up, no little buttons for that simple operation.  And the keypads seem a little larger for when they do have to dial..

Professor

• 

517 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the information.  I will check into it. 🙂

Professor

• 

517 Messages

12 years ago

Good news!  The person who lost her phone has found it.  A new cell phone does not have to be purchased.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

@ckuczek wrote:

Good news!  The person who lost her phone has found it.  A new cell phone does not have to be purchased.

Great! Congratulations to her that she found her phone after all!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I need to replace my 83 y.o. mom's 2G phone and would like to look at a phone like the original Jitterbug. Does Best Buy carry these or not. I have 3 lines on my contract 2 are really in need of upgrade.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have been scanning the Internet mainly looking for the Jitterbug Flip phone. I am 81 yrs old and recuperating from a Heart Attack. 

I went to the Jitterbug webpage, they have a place to type in your zip code to see if your area is covered by their service. Mine is not!

I love the features of the Jitterbug phone, but so far have not found anything similar... Good luck in finding the right phone for your Mom!

I don't think too many cellphone companies consider us older generation too much!

Juanita

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

@Almeda.  This comes up often.  I wish ATT would give is some attention.  Unfortunately basic phones don't sell very much anymore.

I have done a little hands on research.  Of the 3 flip phones listed, the one that has big, easy to press buttons, backlit and simple to use, is the Kyocera sold here:

https://www.att.com/cellphones/kyocera/duraxe.html#sku=sku7800343

The phone is very rugged, but still small enough for a pocket.  Buttons are raised and the 5 has bumps so you can feel your way even without the light.  

picture I took in the store.

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Lizdance,

Thanks for the information! I checked and there is an ATT store not too far from my home.  So I will stop in there and check out their phones.

At least they are offering Senior Citizen Cellphone service. Maybe I'll find something I like there!

Almeda 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

ckuczek,

The Pantch Breeze is a pretty cool little phone. Sound quality is quite good and can be adjusted for volume. Larger keypad and very reliable. That's what my Mom, brother and my partner have. Cute, sturdy, simple little phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

The Breeze 3 is available from other places like Amazon.  It is a lot like the Current AT&T flip.  The buttons are flat to the phone.  This is why I crossed it off the list.  The back light is okay and it's cheap.  

The Kyocera will outlast it and is priced high.

It might be worth looking for the Kyocera on Amazon to see it its cheaper.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.