Troubleshoot your device issues
ne1ws2om8e's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 2:45 PM

Go phone sim card?

Will my at&t go phone sim card work in an unlocked blackberry bold?? My go phone is laying on its death bed and I don't want to get a new number & a contract.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, it should.  If you purchased your GoPhone within the last year or so, it's possible it's SIM is locked to the phone it was activated with; but if that's the case at&t customer service should unlock it for you so that you can use it with an alternate device.  If not, you can visit a local Corporate at&t store and just ask them for a new SIM that is provisioned with your current account/phone number information.  If you have to go that route you may need to add funds to your account while in the store to keep them from charging you $25 for a replacement SIM.

If you purchased your GoPhone a couple of years ago or more, you shouldn't have any trouble with just moving your SIM to an unlocked phone of your choice - just make certain it has both the 850 and 1900 mhz frequencies that at&t uses.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

thank you soo  much, and i purchased it in september of last year.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

You're welcome. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

i have a unlock htc amaze 4g from t mobile .. i can use phone with go phone ??

an how i add a data plan?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

i have just bought an HTC(freestyle i think) its for ATT but i have a go phone will they work together? or will it charge me more

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

That depends on the plan you currently have and if the SIM card will work/fit into the Inspire. 

It should work just fine but without knowing what plan you have now, we can't determine if you'll have to add features.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Well i have an unlimited talk, text, and web and i pay $50 a month. this phone is for AT&T so i'd say that my sims card should work. hopefully.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.