Explore & discover

Helpful Links

GSM Frequencies

Contributor

GSM Frequencies

Does ATT support GSM 900 and 1800 MHz frequencies?

I'm trying to get a GSM 2G alarm system set up and don't show any bars at all, no matter where I place the main unit. I put the SIM in my GoPhone as a test. That SIM works fine in my GoPhone, 5 bars too.

The other possibility is obvious if the frequencies are OK.

Message 1 of 24
Contributor

Re: GSM Frequencies

That is very interesting. One last question. What if I was to get a
T-Mobile G3 for example. Will that one have the missing band or is it the
same as the AT&T LG G3?
Message 16 of 24
ACE - Professor

I have no idea about T mobile LG G3.but I know T mobile are using different frequent and bands from AT&T.
Because I am one of the unhappy customer with them before.
Last year in July,the LG G3 phone just come out brand new in Asia market.
some friends of mine just brought them unlocked and bring it over to LA. using AT&T. network.
She would like to sell the D855 to me for US$550.that's why we do all this testing,but I am not a big fan of LG brand.
I brought a Samsung Note 4 later.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 24
Contributor

Hello everyone, this forum has been so helpful to me, but I still need a little direction/confirmation.

I want to purchase an international Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 LTE GSM UNLOCKED and use it as a phone / tablet.

Here are the stats:

2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 

4G bands LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps

LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps 

According to the previous posts I think that it’s an ok purchase and that it will work on all AT&T networks including Straight Talk and Cricket. However I’m still not quite sure if I will have LTE.

Please let me know if I’ll have LTE or what speed I will have in general; I think I will have 4G most of the time but I could be totally wrong. Thanks J

Also, I live an hour away from Orlando zip here is 32780 if that helps.

Message 18 of 24
Contributor

The ATT D850 LG G3 has Band 3 1800 on the hardware for LTE i believe. So LTE on 1800mhz will work right if there was a 1800mhz network for LTE available?

Message 19 of 24
ACE - Expert

ATT uses BANDS 2,4,5,17 for LTE they dont use band 3 its just in the phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 24
Contributor

I am looking for a watch for my elderly father with dementia - I found one (from China of course) on Amazon.  It says that it has watch tracker support SMS/GPRS/TCP/UDP,SMS and the Internet to check the location information, Google plane and satellite maps;supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900 network SIM card - is that the right specifications for me to get the watch with a sim card put on my AT&T plan?

Message 21 of 24
ACE - Expert

It won't work after the end of 2016 maybe before as att is shutting down the 2g network.
Message 22 of 24
ACE - Sage

I have a friend who went through the same concern for her mother.  We found some options

http://www.aplaceformom.com/blog/4-29-15-dementia-and-elderly-gps-tracking-devices/

And this one on Amazon

image.png

Most of the other trackers on Amazon are 2 G only and require a SIM card.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 23 of 24
Contributor

This is about the comment that China Mainland Phones only work on 2g service in the US. This is absolutely not true. There are a lot of phones that you can purchase from there that work on 3G service. It's only a few that work on AT&T's LTE service, but I have had 4 phones in the last year that all work on the AT&T 3G service. You just have to do your homework and make sure of thephone and the Bandwidths before you make a purchase one.

Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support