Troubleshoot your device issues
tazman556's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 14th, 2013 9:18 PM

GSM Frequencies

Does ATT support GSM 900 and 1800 MHz frequencies?

I'm trying to get a GSM 2G alarm system set up and don't show any bars at all, no matter where I place the main unit. I put the SIM in my GoPhone as a test. That SIM works fine in my GoPhone, 5 bars too.

The other possibility is obvious if the frequencies are OK.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

So I am a bit confused.  I live in Los Angeles, California. I am trying to find/purchase a LG G3, unlocked so that I can purchase a SIM card to use with Cricket Wireless which uses the AT&T network. The problem is that I see two different models, the D855 and the D850.  It says that the D855 is the international model with modes: GSM 850/900/1800/1900

UMTS 850/900/1900/2100

LTE     800/900/1800/2100/2600

The D850 has modes:  GSM 850/900/1800/1900

UMTS 850/900/1900/2100

LTE 700/850/1700/1900/2100

So which one is the one I should purchase that will work with Cricket giving me 4G LTE? I don't want to get the wrong one that will only give me 3G data. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

Good question about this LG G3 phone.
I got lots of friends living in LA ,a few have a LG G3

and they all seem to tell me the same thing with AT&T .
(And if Cricket use the same Band as AT&T.)
Both phone will work on 2G(GSM) & 3G(UMTS)  and (3G+ (H++)= 4G in North America.
And lots of time ,the phone can only work on 4G.
Because both model of LG G3  got one LTE band missing for AT&T.
so, it is very much depends on area you're in.
And sometime LTE traffic are too heavy in LA,your speed will get drop down to 4G.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Okay...so just to clarify. This phone IS capable of having LTE coverage in
LA?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

It is capable to have AT&T LTE service.
Both LG G3  D850 and D855 .
But as my reply early.Both phones got some LTE bands missing for AT&T.
So, it is very much depends on which area of LA and where you using your phone.
But I will go for D850 ,since D855 are more for Asia and EU.

This is mainly from the data you give me.But last year 2014 July,I test out both phones D850 & D855 with AT&T Sim card,Both are on the $60 unlimited plan. In area of Jefferson,Koreatown,Chinatown & Santa Monica ,they mostly seem to like working on 4G most of the time Smiley Indifferent 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

That is very interesting. One last question. What if I was to get a
T-Mobile G3 for example. Will that one have the missing band or is it the
same as the AT&T LG G3?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

I have no idea about T mobile LG G3.but I know T mobile are using different frequent and bands from AT&T.
Because I am one of the unhappy customer with them before.
Last year in July,the LG G3 phone just come out brand new in Asia market.
some friends of mine just brought them unlocked and bring it over to LA. using AT&T. network.
She would like to sell the D855 to me for US$550.that's why we do all this testing,but I am not a big fan of LG brand.
I brought a Samsung Note 4 later.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hello everyone, this forum has been so helpful to me, but I still need a little direction/confirmation.

I want to purchase an international Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 LTE GSM UNLOCKED and use it as a phone / tablet.

Here are the stats:

2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 

4G bands LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps

LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps 

According to the previous posts I think that it’s an ok purchase and that it will work on all AT&T networks including Straight Talk and Cricket. However I’m still not quite sure if I will have LTE.

Please let me know if I’ll have LTE or what speed I will have in general; I think I will have 4G most of the time but I could be totally wrong. Thanks J

Also, I live an hour away from Orlando zip here is 32780 if that helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The ATT D850 LG G3 has Band 3 1800 on the hardware for LTE i believe. So LTE on 1800mhz will work right if there was a 1800mhz network for LTE available?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

ATT uses BANDS 2,4,5,17 for LTE they dont use band 3 its just in the phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am looking for a watch for my elderly father with dementia - I found one (from China of course) on Amazon.  It says that it has watch tracker support SMS/GPRS/TCP/UDP,SMS and the Internet to check the location information, Google plane and satellite maps;supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900 network SIM card - is that the right specifications for me to get the watch with a sim card put on my AT&T plan?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.