Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 26, 2008
7:52:20 AM
Fuze not ringing
For some reason, my phone will not ring. I have had several voice mails, but my phone never rings. I am in an area with good Edge only service, but always have 2 bars.

I have tried calling from a land line, and several cell phones, and on average the other phones ring 3 times before my Fuze rings the first time.

One time my fuze never rang and went straight to voice mail.
For some reason, my phone will not ring. I have had several voice mails, but my phone never rings. I am in an area with good Edge only service, but always have 2 bars.

I have tried calling from a land line, and several cell phones, and on average the other phones ring 3 times before my Fuze rings the first time.

One time my fuze never rang and went straight to voice mail.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 28, 2008 9:24:37 AM
(0)
Expert
There seems to be a delay with the ATT dialer skin.  Seems you have to do 2 things:

1) Phone - Settings - Services - Call Forwarding (set the delay to go to voicemail to 30 seconds)
2) Install Diamond Tweaks and re-enable the WM standard dialer under the Phone settings

Number 2 will enable the phone to ring instantly while number 1 will give you more time to answer the phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Accepted Solution

Fuze not ringing

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2008 8:12:55 AM
(0)
Explorer
I had same problem, I returned it this morning now it is working perfectly. You may want to consider exchanging it.
I had same problem, I returned it this morning now it is working perfectly. You may want to consider exchanging it.

Re: Fuze not ringing

2 of 10 (6,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2008 3:02:23 PM
(0)
Professor
Have you tried doing a soft reset?

Is it that the phone does not indicate an incoming call at all? or does it show on the screen but simply does not ring?
Have you tried doing a soft reset?

Is it that the phone does not indicate an incoming call at all? or does it show on the screen but simply does not ring?

3 of 10 (6,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2008 3:13:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
When I went to a local ATT corp story, I was told
"It is normal for a smartphone to not ring for the first few times that a hear on a diffrent line"

Would not even suggest a problem with the phone, and treated it like a non issue.
When I went to a local ATT corp story, I was told
"It is normal for a smartphone to not ring for the first few times that a hear on a diffrent line"

Would not even suggest a problem with the phone, and treated it like a non issue.

4 of 10 (6,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2008 3:14:40 PM
(0)
Tutor
Soft reset had no impact.

I have no indication of a incoming call at all.
Soft reset had no impact.

I have no indication of a incoming call at all.

5 of 10 (6,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2008 3:21:52 PM
(0)
Professor
If you know someone else with AT&T for cellular service, swap SIM cards with them for a few minutes and then test.  See if the issue stays with your phone or with the SIM card.

That will prove definitively whether the issue is with the SIM or the phone.  Either way, AT&T should swap the defective part at no cost to you.

You could also try doing a hard reset on the phone, but I doubt that is actually the issue.
If you know someone else with AT&T for cellular service, swap SIM cards with them for a few minutes and then test.  See if the issue stays with your phone or with the SIM card.

That will prove definitively whether the issue is with the SIM or the phone.  Either way, AT&T should swap the defective part at no cost to you.

You could also try doing a hard reset on the phone, but I doubt that is actually the issue.

6 of 10 (6,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2008 4:20:45 PM
(0)
Mentor
Return the phone! I had a phone that I had exchanged, and returned because I seen it ringing, but heard
no sound, nor did it vibrate [when set to vibrate & ring]. Not to mention it was dropping calls, but that may be due to
what the manager had said, the service was somewhat slow today..

Return the phone! I had a phone that I had exchanged, and returned because I seen it ringing, but heard
no sound, nor did it vibrate [when set to vibrate & ring]. Not to mention it was dropping calls, but that may be due to
what the manager had said, the service was somewhat slow today..

7 of 10 (6,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 28, 2008 9:24:37 AM
(0)
Expert
There seems to be a delay with the ATT dialer skin.  Seems you have to do 2 things:

1) Phone - Settings - Services - Call Forwarding (set the delay to go to voicemail to 30 seconds)
2) Install Diamond Tweaks and re-enable the WM standard dialer under the Phone settings

Number 2 will enable the phone to ring instantly while number 1 will give you more time to answer the phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

8 of 10 (6,016 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2008 6:52:19 AM
(0)
Tutor
It seems that my problem is related to the bloat that AT@T added.

I had found several other comments about the problem and they suggest the steps Hidden_dragon did, and that seems to be working for now.
It seems that my problem is related to the bloat that AT@T added.

I had found several other comments about the problem and they suggest the steps Hidden_dragon did, and that seems to be working for now.

9 of 10 (5,972 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2008 7:41:01 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by TVDinner on Nov 29, 2008 at 7:41:22 AM
thank you hidden dragon - good info. Helped.

Message Edited by TVDinner on 11-29-2008 07:41:22 AM
thank you hidden dragon - good info. Helped.

Message Edited by TVDinner on 11-29-2008 07:41:22 AM

[ Edited ]
10 of 10 (5,966 Views)