Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 11, 2008
8:10:00 PM
View profile
Fuze Auto Rotate
Does the auto rotate only work on certain programs?  How can I test it and what can I do if it isn't working.  I can't find anything about it in the manual other than calibrating the sensor.
Does the auto rotate only work on certain programs?  How can I test it and what can I do if it isn't working.  I can't find anything about it in the manual other than calibrating the sensor.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 11, 2008 8:32:51 PM
(0)
Expert
Correct...the g sensor doesn't work in all applications.  There are currently applications out there that enable this to work in more applications, but they are not 100%.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Accepted Solution

Fuze Auto Rotate

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 11, 2008 8:32:51 PM
(0)
Expert
Correct...the g sensor doesn't work in all applications.  There are currently applications out there that enable this to work in more applications, but they are not 100%.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Re: Fuze Auto Rotate

2 of 7 (4,063 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2008 8:45:13 PM
(0)
Teacher
Other than photos, what should it work in?  I would like to make sure it's working.
Other than photos, what should it work in?  I would like to make sure it's working.

3 of 7 (4,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2008 8:50:23 PM
(0)
Expert

phil37 wrote:

Web surfing, message composition, Teeter game just to name a few.  I don't rotate anything else (besides watching a movie but the software has  built-in screen rotation) so you will have to experiment on your own.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

phil37 wrote:

Web surfing, message composition, Teeter game just to name a few.  I don't rotate anything else (besides watching a movie but the software has  built-in screen rotation) so you will have to experiment on your own.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

4 of 7 (4,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2008 3:00:50 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Tbones on Dec 17, 2008 at 3:01:32 PM

phil37 wrote:

The screen rotation is controlled by the G-Sensor which is only enabled with TouchFlo 3D.

The G-Sensor works in:

Photos and Videos but only for Photos in Full View.
Opera
HTC Teeter

Silencing an incoming call by turning the device face down.

Message Edited by Tbones on 12-17-2008 03:01:32 PM

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

phil37 wrote:

The screen rotation is controlled by the G-Sensor which is only enabled with TouchFlo 3D.

The G-Sensor works in:

Photos and Videos but only for Photos in Full View.
Opera
HTC Teeter

Silencing an incoming call by turning the device face down.

Message Edited by Tbones on 12-17-2008 03:01:32 PM
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
5 of 7 (3,909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2008 3:35:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

Are there then 2 different "triggers" for screen rotation?  Works fine for message composition, Home Page, Contacts... all WITHOUT TouchFlo enabled.

Are there then 2 different "triggers" for screen rotation?  Works fine for message composition, Home Page, Contacts... all WITHOUT TouchFlo enabled.

6 of 7 (3,900 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2008 1:44:12 PM
(0)
Employee
The Auto screen rotation that is controlled by the G-Seneor have no impact in Contacts, email, SMS, and the home page regardless if TF3D is enabled or not.
To get the screen orientation to change from Portrait to Landscape in these app's you have to open the slider and this hasnt anything to do with the G-Sensor. Did you perhaps install a 3rd party app that gave you this function?

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

The Auto screen rotation that is controlled by the G-Seneor have no impact in Contacts, email, SMS, and the home page regardless if TF3D is enabled or not.
To get the screen orientation to change from Portrait to Landscape in these app's you have to open the slider and this hasnt anything to do with the G-Sensor. Did you perhaps install a 3rd party app that gave you this function?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (3,688 Views)