Forgot phone password

Tutor

Forgot phone password

My daughter put a password on my Samsung A737 a few days ago, she can't remember the password, so now I'm locked out. Is there anyway around this? It want even go to the menu so I can do a factory default reset. Right now I can only make SOS calls Woman Sad

Thanks

Message 1 of 14 (100,294 Views)

Re: Forgot phone password

Maryken wrote:

My daughter put a password on my Samsung A737 a few days ago, she can't remember the password, so now I'm locked out. Is there anyway around this? It want even go to the menu so I can do a factory default reset. Right now I can only make SOS calls Woman Sad

Thanks

Far as I'm aware there is no away around the password itself. Not sure with that phone but most of them if you enter the password wrong to many times it will put the phone through a master reset. Because without the menu access you can't do a master reset any other way. Remember with a master reset you will lose everything. Hope this helps!
Message 2 of 14 (100,273 Views)
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maryken
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Thank you for your help Darkesthour00. After many hours searching the net, I found out how to bypass the password on site called Fixya.

1. Remove your at&t sim card and power up the phone.

2. Using the keypad, enter *2767*3855#.

3. Wait 10 - 15 seconds and the phone will reboot and the settings will be factory settings again.

4. Place your sim card back into the phone, power on ( don't need password anymore)

This worked, now I'm up and working again.

Thanks again, Mary

Message 3 of 14 (100,260 Views)
Contributor

Great deal.. Thaks for that...I unlocked my password..
Message 4 of 14 (99,959 Views)

Thank you for posting this information. AT&T wanted me to buy a new phone @ full price. I knew I could find the answer on here!
Message 5 of 14 (97,901 Views)
Contributor

dose this work with any type of at&t phone!?

i have a samsung flight!

and i put a password so people wouldnt read my txts but now

i knt read them because i forgot my passwordSmiley Sad

Message 6 of 14 (91,097 Views)
Contributor

how about for a samsung sgh-a927 if i enter the code it takes me to a menu

Message 7 of 14 (71,340 Views)
Contributor

Thank you for posting this great information! I just unlocked my son's phone.

Message 8 of 14 (68,983 Views)
Contributor

Give it a try. I unlocked our phone with this info...
Message 9 of 14 (68,982 Views)
Contributor

does this work on the galaxy s4 and if so where is the sim card
Message 10 of 14 (45,678 Views)
Contributor

Hey there! I actually had that problem with my SGH-A927 and I found this website called www.unblockbehold.com and a video on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyPqyp_ibFg that explains it all. You can totally bypass your passcode but you have to be able to do this on a microsoft system

Message 11 of 14 (30,832 Views)
Contributor

Same problem. Forgot password on main screen to even get into anything on my Samsung SGH-A927, and I CANNOT use the code given on this post to reset my phone BECAUSE there are MORE digits in this code than you are allowed to even ENTER into the blank on the Passcode Screen....AND BECAUSE I get a pop-up every time that says "UNSUPPORTED CHARACTERS"....soooo, now what do I do????

Message 12 of 14 (16,300 Views)
Contributor

Is there a chance I will lose all my information, text, pics, contacts etc

Message 13 of 14 (10,245 Views)
Contributor

what about the AT&T zte flip phone
Message 14 of 14 (6,278 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.