Troubleshoot your device issues
Maryken's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 8th, 2009 6:44 AM

Forgot phone password

My daughter put a password on my Samsung A737 a few days ago, she can't remember the password, so now I'm locked out. Is there anyway around this? It want even go to the menu so I can do a factory default reset. Right now I can only make SOS calls Woman Sad

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you for your help Darkesthour00. After many hours searching the net, I found out how to bypass the password on site called Fixya.

1. Remove your at&t sim card and power up the phone.

2. Using the keypad, enter *2767*3855#.

3. Wait 10 - 15 seconds and the phone will reboot and the settings will be factory settings again.

4. Place your sim card back into the phone, power on ( don't need password anymore)

This worked, now I'm up and working again.

Thanks again, Mary

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

15 years ago

@Maryken wrote:

My daughter put a password on my Samsung A737 a few days ago, she can't remember the password, so now I'm locked out. Is there anyway around this? It want even go to the menu so I can do a factory default reset. Right now I can only make SOS calls Woman Sad

Thanks

Far as I'm aware there is no away around the password itself. Not sure with that phone but most of them if you enter the password wrong to many times it will put the phone through a master reset. Because without the menu access you can't do a master reset any other way. Remember with a master reset you will lose everything. Hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Great deal.. Thaks for that...I unlocked my password..

Tutor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Thank you for posting this information. AT&T wanted me to buy a new phone @ full price. I knew I could find the answer on here!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

dose this work with any type of at&t phone!?

i have a samsung flight!

and i put a password so people wouldnt read my txts but now

i knt read them because i forgot my password:(

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

how about for a samsung sgh-a927 if i enter the code it takes me to a menu

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for posting this great information! I just unlocked my son's phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Give it a try. I unlocked our phone with this info...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

does this work on the galaxy s4 and if so where is the sim card

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hey there! I actually had that problem with my SGH-A927 and I found this website called www.unblockbehold.com and a video on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyPqyp_ibFg that explains it all. You can totally bypass your passcode but you have to be able to do this on a microsoft system

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.