For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
dalvic's profile

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

Tuesday, October 21st, 2008 9:52 PM

Closed

Forcing E network

What is the best way to force the phone to use the E network?

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

16 years ago

No run around Tiltuser -- got the answer --Thanks!!

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

16 years ago

which phone

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

16 years ago

If you are talking about forcing a Tilt to use EDGE, this thread:
would be the place to go.  Look under the "B. Hacks" bullet.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

16 years ago

I am using the Tilt with WM 6.1 -- I had been using BandSwitch with 6.0, but it doesn't seem to work with 6.1

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

16 years ago

Thanks th3jm4n, I looked where you suggested but using a dll to make the change makes me nervous -- especially since the file seems to have been written 3 years ago (the posted date was 2005)

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

16 years ago

The program you were using was probably editing dlls anyway.  Just made it nice and pretty. Smiley Happy
Always take precautions by backing up any file that you are going to replace (if it doesn't work, or something seems fishy, just put the original file back).  In my (very personal) opinion, you'd be fine using that specific edit, even though it does seem a bit dated.

Guru

• 

635 Messages

16 years ago

Item b.3 takes you to the second page of a thread and in the first post on that page the link (and a simple cab file) is to a .cab file posted on xda called Enable Band Page.  I have successfully installed that .cab on the stock AT&T WM6.1 ROM without a problem.  I don't use that .cab because my service problem is caused by (and ATT admits) the changes to the local towers to implement 3G and is impacting users of all phones in a limited area where coverage fell off after implementing 3G.

It is your choice as to what, if any, software you want to use or if that software is even appropriate for your particular needs or interests .

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

16 years ago

Ok, I ran the cab file (baking up the phonesetting.dll first)

Now when I go to Phone/Menu/options there is a tab called Band.
In Band there are two options the first is Select your network type -- which I assume is GSM

The second option is Select you GSM/UMTS band
Under there are four options:

1. Auto -- when I click this I get E showing
2. GSM (900+1800) + UMTS (2100) -- when I click this I get nothing (actually opposing arrows with an x)
3. GSM (1900+850) + UMTS (1900+850) -- when I click this I get E
4 UMTS (2100+800) -- when I click this I  get a message that says Warning: Unable to change GSM/UMTS Band.

Now the question is how can I change back to 3G when I need the faster connection -- like I could when using Bandswitch?

Guru

• 

635 Messages

16 years ago

I am not trying to give you a run-around but also think that your question is answered in the communications between csp_gp (now Zandora) AND Tigo on the third page of the thread.  Here's the direct link: http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=cingular&thread.id=73024&view=by_date_ascending&page=3.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.