For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
aparman's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, December 15th, 2008 5:01 PM

Closed

Finding my phone number on my phone.

Where is my phone number (for my new go phone) stored?  That is, where can I find it on the phone itself - under what menu/preference/option is it found?

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

15 years ago

Try this link http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php  At the bottom are some codes that may help.  They do not work on all GSM phones but a better than average chance for a Nokia.

I also beleive that when you turn on a Nokia, it will show you the number very quickly.

Also, you may find it under the contacts under "my numbers"

I did a Google search on nokia display number. 

Master

• 

788 Messages

15 years ago

What is the make & model of the phone? Click here to view tutorials for your particular phone (you will need to select the manufacturer & model of the phone to view them).

Message Edited by Blue4Life on 12-15-2008 12:25:23 PM

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

15 years ago

Call a number that has a caller ID screen.  Without providing a make and model of your phone, this is a very quick way.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

Its a Nokia 2610.
 Thanks for the link, Blue4life, lots of nice stuff.
Still can't find out where my phone number is stored.  Which of the 20-30 possibilities on that menu should I pick?  😉

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks, youngjm, but still no joy.  When I try *#100# (for own number) I get "result unknown".

Message Edited by aparman on 12-15-2008 12:23:44 PM

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

15 years ago

@aparman wrote:
Thanks, youngjm, but still no joy.  When I try *#100# (for own number) I get "result unknown".

Message Edited by aparman on 12-15-2008 12:23:44 PM

In all seriousness, have you tried to call to another phone that has caller ID? What comes up?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

Did a deal of digging and finally found it.  Its under Address Book - My numbers

Master

• 

788 Messages

15 years ago

@aparman wrote:
Its a Nokia 2610.
 Thanks for the link, Blue4life, lots of nice stuff.
Still can't find out where my phone number is stored.  Which of the 20-30 possibilities on that menu should I pick?  😉

For future reference:

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

--------------------------
                   In all seriousness, have you tried to call to another phone that has caller ID? What comes up?

---------------------------
Thanks youngjm - Your suggestion to look under "contacts" was essentially correct, except it was "address book"

I know my number (now) but calling another phone with caller id just isn't practical under most circumstances I'm thinking of.  Finding my number is the most common problem I encounter, not just me either.  When you ask someone for their cell number you get "I don't know, let me check"  fumble fumble press press press "can't find it - wait a minute." press press fumble fumble. You get the picture.  We call our land line phone all the time when we are away from home, so knowing this is crucial. 

But how often do you call yourself using your own cell phone?  I don't - so I don't have the number memorized (yet).
This should be a standardized thing -  its the first and most important thing I want to know when I first get a new cell phone (this is only my third).  Its the first thing others want to know when you get a new cell phone - "give me your number".

Enough rant --- just a little more 😉  does any company/provider make a cell phone and sell just a phone service   -  not a phone/email surfer/text messager/movie player/music player/computer with ringtones and games and graphics and multi media?  All I want is a phone - no special features, no backgrounds, no fancy annoying ringtones, no miniatured version of the web - just a phone.  Why do we need a bleeping operating system just to make a bleeping phone call?  (don't get me started on the auto industry 😉 )

Seriously, though, - does anyone make such a phone and provide such a service?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks Blue4 life. 

Hey AT&T - this is my number one question with every phone i've ever had - why is this answer number 25 on the list?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.