Troubleshoot your device issues
cybulman's profile

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

Tuesday, February 10th, 2009 10:58 PM

Closed

FUZE - Outgoing Email Stopped - Port Change?

I was just advised to change the prot from 25 to 587 for outgoing email.

Where do you do that on the FUZE in email settings. I see no such settings even in "advance settings.

PLEASE HELP! I am not a techie.

Cy

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

15 years ago

WE all complain abouit ATT BUT  - I had great ATT Tech Support experience today from an Ashley.

It took 45 mins but she resolved it.

It seems that the outgoing email designation has been changed by ATT to cwmx.com...so it not mail.xxxxxx.com - or smtp.xxxx.com anymore.

Guys having email outgoing probs please note.

Cy

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

Can ypu please tell me exactly how to set that up I'm using pop3 email account it was working for a breif period and all of a sudden no out going mail period no matter what I have tried just dont work.
Message Edited by xoexpireu on 02-11-2009 05:35:23 PM

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

15 years ago

The outgoing mail server for outgoing mail via the AT&T CELL SYSTEM has been cwmx.com for more than 2 years.  However, if you are trying to send email via your ISP through your local wireless network (LAN), you must use your ISP's outgoing mail server address.  In other words, if you are out of AT&T's coverage area, but are within your LAN, cwmx.com will not work for you.

Say you are in a motel in SW South Dakota where AT&T cell coverage does not exist, but the motel has high-speed wireless internet service via DSL (or other), then you should set up your outgoing mail server to conform to your ISP.  cwmx.com will be useless in that instance.

This is not a clear issue, and I may not have made it any clearer, but that's the way it is.

cwmx.com works MOST of the time, but not always.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

I think im one of those that it is not working for I use my website providers email services witch is godaddy.com and they use smtpout.secureserver.net and at the moment it does not work I had this working once or twice but not always this is very very weird I bought this phone mainly just to be able to email from it and it does not work period anyones help would be greatly appretiated.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

for the network connection in email setup what are you guys using?? Medianet or internet?

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

15 years ago

The ATT tech Support lady made me use MediaNet.

I just got to los Angeles and the cwmx.com is not workng here...this is really screwed up just for email ...so much haassle.

Did not have this problem on 8125 or Tilt.

Cy

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

Here this will fix your proble 100% microsoft released an update to the WM6.1 email problems it works for me here the link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9d71b2e-d2dd-44f2-86e5-1e53aad7fb7a&DisplayLang=en

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

15 years ago

I tried the patch and the cwmx.com...and I still get the message saying outgoing message failed and to check settings etc.

THIS IS DISGUSTING!

Never had a day's problem with my 8125/Tilt to just send email.

Cy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Been working on this issue for days now, and just found my solution. If you are using a phone with windows mobile 6.1, there is a hotfix for people having problems sending email. The problem stems from a glitch in 6.1 that when you try to send an email and if there is a communication problem and the phone is unable to reach your smtp server it looks for the aux server, there is no place to put an auxilary server in 6.1, and the phone continues to try the non-existent aux server. There is a hotfix and a better explanation from Microsoft, as well as two ways to install the fix on your phone. 

I installed the fix, and then set my smtp server back to my original domain outgoing server and all is well.

I hope this helps some people with a similar problem.

The fix can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d9d71b2e-d2dd-44f2-86e5-1e53aad7fb7a&displaylang=en&tm

Cheers

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.