Troubleshoot your device issues
lacatra's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 29th, 2008 2:02 AM

Closed

Eternity speed dial and ringtones

Received my Eternity two days ago, lovin' it!
Although it doesn't have speed dial if you can figure out which number your friend is on your SIM card you can dial it that way, it cuts down on a few keystrokes instead of dialing it.  Hit the DIAL pad then the number they are on your SIM card (or address book I guess) and hit the # sign. It will automattically come up with their name and then you can touch the arrow and 'call'  to dial their number.
My issue is ringtones. It seems that every tune I picked from ATT isnt available for this phone. I know it will play MP3s less than 300kp but how do you shrink them to be less than 300kp? Or where can I get them under 300kp?

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

heeeey i switched from a BJ1 to the new Eternity just today and found my old .mp3 ringotnes were all too big as well.... fortunately I know of this lovely little program named Wavepad. This program allows u to edit sound slips so all i had to do was cut down the songs to between 18 and 20 seconds (on the parts i liked and wanted as ringtones). the program allows u to save the clip in a few different formats. I tried .wav first cuz i know they are always smaller on the phone but the sound wasnt great so i switched back to .mp3 format and luckily they came up under 300kb. so find yourself the Wavepad program then cut down ur mp3 to fit. real easy!

btw, i bluetoothed my clips from CPU to Eternity using a USB bluetooth adapter. sent the 20 seconds clips in a matter of seconds. awesome!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Absolutely brilliant!
Thank you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.