For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
turbo46032's profile

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 12:44 AM

Eternity - "No SIM Found" after SIM swap

My daughter has an AT&T Eternity with a 3G SIM card. This week she took the SIM card out and put it in a Samsung 5320 or some such unlocked 2G only phone (very similar to the Eterninty, slightly smaller, better touch screen). It worked fine as expected. Then she wanted to switch back to her Eternity and got "SIM not Found" message. Put the SIM back in the 5320 - you guessed it - "No SIM Found"...

Any ideas? I don't think the SIM contacts are dirty. Did AT&T somehow decide the 5320 (unlocked no carrier phone) was not worthy of the AT&T network and locked the SIM card?

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

14 years ago

Took the phone to the AT&T store; got a new SIM free of charge (I hope :-)). That fixed it. Thanks AT&T!!!

(post flooding? come on AT&T :-))

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

14 years ago

It's a good bet that switching back rendered the sim canceled. Give Customer Care a call, 800-331-0500, and explain what occurred. They will tell you what happened to the SIM.

She, or probably you dad, (I say this because I would have to do it for my daughter) will most likely have to go to a corporate store and get a new SIM card for the phone she wants to use. They might give you one, but probably will charge you for it. I think they are approximately $25.00.

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

14 years ago

Why would switching the SIM card render it inoperable? other than physically breaking the card, which is not the case, that is. I did most of the switching and neither the Eternity or the 5320 require serious effort to remove the SIM card (unlike other phones).

I'll go to the AT&T store but I've used the same SIM card at work inserted and removed dozens of times and nothing happened, they aren't that fragile...

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

14 years ago

It was just a thought.

Let us know what the results were.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.