Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 23, 2009
9:23:05 AM
View profile
Eternity & The Internet

We gave my mother-in-law an Eternity and we don't have a data plan so to avoid her getting on the internet and running the bill up i want to diable the internet on her phone.  anyone know how this is done?  i need to do it on a Pantech C630 also is it the same procedure?

We gave my mother-in-law an Eternity and we don't have a data plan so to avoid her getting on the internet and running the bill up i want to diable the internet on her phone.  anyone know how this is done?  i need to do it on a Pantech C630 also is it the same procedure?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 23, 2009 10:02:47 AM
(0)
Expert

ncinsguy wrote:

Call customer care and ask them to add the NWIX block feature for you, this will disallow internet connection at all times and no need to worry about accidental charges.

Accepted Solution

Eternity & The Internet

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 23, 2009 10:02:47 AM
(0)
Expert

ncinsguy wrote:

Call customer care and ask them to add the NWIX block feature for you, this will disallow internet connection at all times and no need to worry about accidental charges.

ncinsguy wrote:

Re: Eternity & The Internet

2 of 6 (4,405 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2009 11:34:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
thanks for the response
thanks for the response

3 of 6 (4,390 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2009 4:04:51 PM
(0)
Expert
you are welcome.
you are welcome.

4 of 6 (4,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2010 7:35:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

Im thinking of calling customer care to have them add the NWIX block feature to disable internet features on my phone so that I dont accidently incur data charges on my bill.  My question is, exactly what features will get blocked by doing this.  Somebody told me that I would no longer be able to send/receive pictures in my text messaging.  Is this right?

Alternatively, can a password be setup so that I wouldnt be charged for accidently launching an internet application without "authorizing it"?

Im thinking of calling customer care to have them add the NWIX block feature to disable internet features on my phone so that I dont accidently incur data charges on my bill.  My question is, exactly what features will get blocked by doing this.  Somebody told me that I would no longer be able to send/receive pictures in my text messaging.  Is this right?

Alternatively, can a password be setup so that I wouldnt be charged for accidently launching an internet application without "authorizing it"?

Options for Blocking Internet

5 of 6 (2,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2010 2:40:30 PM
(0)
Guru
The only features that will be blocked are the Internet(of course) and picture messaging as that is req to send MMS

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
The only features that will be blocked are the Internet(of course) and picture messaging as that is req to send MMS

Re: Options for Blocking Internet

6 of 6 (2,330 Views)