Troubleshoot your device issues
knowledge928's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 8:01 PM

Epix Ring Volume Solution

Ok guys i found a fix for the epix's ring volume problem. note that this WILL NOT solve the ascending ring problem (which seems to be hard programmed into the phone). btw attempting to change settings then going to listen to an mp3 or playing the ringtone from sounds and settings WILL NOT reflect how it will sound when the phone actually rings, there seems to be some sort of disconnect programming wise between the settings and the actual ring. here are the settings and FYI use at your own risk i am not liable for anything that might happen from this.

To increase ring volume to a reasonable loudness:
go to your phone keypad, dial *#0002*28346# then go to menu>normal>handset
in the settings. change DAC to 3db or 4.5db (i have mine on 4.5db since i keep mine in a case and its muffled a little). also change the RVOL to 12db. this works absolutely AMAZING. After making any and all changes you must always click menu>apply then perform a soft reset (power down then power up) to allow the settings to take affect. If you have any questions or problems just let me know.

the ring volume was one thing that was going to make me return the phone but with this fix it is definitly alot better. now only if someone could tell me how to get rid of the ascending ring that would be great (and no dont tell me to go to sound settings and take it off increasing ring because this does absolutely nothing)

Comments and suggestions are welcome

Message Edited by Caretaker on 01-22-2009 01:16:39 PM

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

You can fix the Ascending Ring problem by installing this CAB:

Download Remove Ascending Ring CAB 

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

15 years ago

This patch breaks the email notification patch - they both have a version of wavedev.dll which cannot co-exist...unfortunately you end up having to choose either email notifications or the ringer fix, but not both.... :smileymad:

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

15 years ago

zenyees app works pretty well for me. especially when paired w/ phone alarm.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

so basically I could change my other settings as well from here. like the speaker volume in talk and normal.

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

15 years ago

I put the patch in and my email notification and the ringer volume both work well.  I have no problems with my Epix and don't feel the need 

to download the update.  Don't fix something that's not broke!    

Message Edited by Glomag on 08-03-2009 02:04:53 PM

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

14 years ago

i updated the firmware and that fixed it for me.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.