For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
drbobj's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 6:40 PM

Email to text

Previously I was able to recieve email as a text message on my phone it is a Pantec link. It is set up as a prepaid go phone.  I would use the 10 digit phone number follwed by @txt.att.net basically like this 310722XXXX@txt.att.net

But a few months ago it stopped working I tried it again yesterday and I recieved this delivery response notification

[Return Code 550] sid: x6n61m00G0lmwaY01 :: 5.1.1 <310722XXXX@txt.att.net> recipient does not exist here.

Any info about this situation would be appreciated

Bob

[removed hyperlink]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

It should be mms.att.net or sms.att.net not txt.att.net

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

So is the answer txt.att.net, the reason i am inquiring is 1 member of my first response team can receive the txt.att.net message I sent, but only from GMail....no from our organizations domain.

Its getting a little frustrating because all the Verizon messages are going through without a problem.

Tony

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I Should be Working Today But I Can't Because My Phone Does Not Work.I REFUSE TO PAY $583 FOR A PAPERWEIGHT.My Service Went Out Last Night Sometime and Has Not Came Back Costing me Over $2000.00 And you Shut My Service Off Last Month and Now This.I Think My Bill just Went Away,This is the Third Time and Event This Happened. I Want SOMETHING DONE ASAP.I CAN NOT CALL OR TEXT OR LEAVE THE HOUSE BECAUSE I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK...........

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

As you've been told before, this is a user to user community forum. An actual ATT rep may not ever read your rant. Or it could be days before they do. You need to find a working phone and CALL ATT customer service. (Even if a CS rep immediately read your rant, they don't know who Cableman is).

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

310722XXXX@txt.att.net is what I've been using for years and it still works for me.

I've gotten things the last few days and I just tested it moments ago.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If I get a picture from a friend with an email address as their ten digit phone number xxx-xxx-xxx.mms.att.net, does this mean they are using yahoo email or att.net email acct Thank you Shelby Hall

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I've been using various @txt.att.net addresses.  Some addresses that worked previously now fail; sbcsmtp8.sbc.com (144.160.128.144) says "Domain of recipient address txt.att.com does not exist".  Others still work fine, apparently refuting the diagnostic of the former.  The 'host' command agrees that txt.att.com DOES exist.  In case it matters, the failing phone number is in area code 814, the successful in 617.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.